Rachel Maddow on Prop 8 and the Trial

Press

By Julia Rosen

Tonight on her show, Rachel Maddow dedicated over 10 minutes to discussing marriage equality, Prop 8 and this trial. She interviewed Ted Olson and David Boies during the segment, saying “You truly are an odd couple.” Rachel, as always, is well worth watching. Here’s the clip.

Tags: , ,

• 1. SFBay  |  January 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I saw the interview. I feel better knowing these two men our fighting our fight.

• 2. Aisha Kabia  |  January 12, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I saw the interview as well. Its very moving that they are working on our behalf.

• 3. Andy  |  January 12, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I've always found it strange that conservatives weren't more in favor of gay marriage as a stabilizing thing for society. I guess it's largely because of religious fundamentalists hijacking the right that this has not been more apparent.

• 4. Marlene Bomer  |  January 13, 2010 at 12:26 am

Indeed, Andy!

The core of conservativism is less intrusion of government in society. Yet the religious reicht and the neo cons dropped virtually every oversight of business, to the detriment of the economy.

OTOH, they tried to have government intrude into *every* aspect of private lives! How many kids one can have, what type of sexual positions a couple could do, access to information at libraries, the list is endless!

• 5. Patrick Regan  |  January 13, 2010 at 1:49 am

Trial started… according to Twitter. Can't wait to read the good posts from CC.

Mr. Paul Hogarth, thank you for taking up Rick's work. You've got some big shoes to fill ;).

• 6. Warren  |  January 13, 2010 at 1:59 am

I enjoyed this interview. The more I reflect on this case the more I am hopeful. I hope it is not misplaced. The legal arguments coming from the other side are fairly weak. If we get anything other than rational basis applied we will win. Even on a rational basis test we have a good chance. I am personally holding onto some level of suspicion that Chief Justice Roberts may come down on our side. I think there is a good chance that Olson also is of the opinion. An opinion written or at least signed by him would be hugely helpful in the political fallout sure to follow if we have a ruling in our favor.