William Tam: He’s like that Cute Ignorant Uncle That Everybody Cringes At

Trial analysis Uncategorized

by Brian Leubitz

I dropped in to the overflow courtroom to join Rick for a while today. I just couldn’t stay away from the testimony of William Tam.  For those of you not able to make it into the courtroom, I think that the William Tam testimony just might be the highlight of the Prop 8 Trial Renactment Series.

While I was watching Tam squirm in the witness, I was brought back to my youth. I had that uncle that everybody seems to have. The one who would make inappropriate jokes, or say things that just made jaws drop. But with Tam, it wasn’t so much that he was gruff, or trying to be a jokester, just that he simply held some deeply disturbing views.  I expected at any moment for him to just stand up and say “just kidding! Got you big-time, you don’t think I actually believe that garbage, do you? Ha-ha!”

Suffice it to say he never said that. But what he did play was the sympathy card.  More than once, he tried to go for the “aw-shucks, you city lawyers are just too smart for me” card. At the beginning of this liveblog post, Rick points out that Tam said “that Boies is using his legal expertise to pin my words in way I did not intend.” But, from just the plain language, it is hard to argue that what Tam said was anything but some of the most salacious and offbase anti-gay propaganda that I’ve seen outside of the Klan or other similar hate groups.

And Boies just shreds whatever logic or reasonable basis that Tam had for his statements:

Boies: You said that you thought Prop. 8 would lead to legalizing prostitution. Why?
Tam: Measure K in SF. I saw some homosexuals hanging around there.
B: You know that Measure K has nothing to do with Prop. 8.
T: Yes.

So, his first argument was that he saw some homosexuals hanging around San Francisco’s Prop K, a poorly drafted attempt to decriminalize prostitution. Not that all people who supported Prop 8 supported Prop K, or vice versa. Just that he saw some homosexuals hanging around it.  Well, as somebody intricately involved in San Francisco politics, I can assure you that many in the LGBT community opposed Prop K, including elected leaders and much of the community.  Prop K had nothing, whatsoever, to do with the LGBT community or Prop 8, and Tam acknowledges that. By the way, Prop K lost by a wide margin, even in a city that Tam said was “controlled by homosexuals.”

But that line in the gay agenda that Tam thrusts upon the community pales in comparison to the offensive claim that tops off Tam’s flyer.

B: You told people that next will be legalizing sex with children. That’s the homosexual agenda. Do you believe this?
T: Yes.
T: Asks and B gives permission to talk. “I’m afraid of the liberal trend. Canada and Europe are liberal and they allow age of consent 13 or 14 and children can have sex with adults and each other.”)
B: You did not mention age of consent in the fourteen words you wrote?
T: No.
B: Age of consent has nothing to do with this [But Tam admitted that he told people that’s what would happen if 8 lost.] Age of consent did not change because of passage of ss marriage in Canada or Europe, right?
T: Canada right. I cannot say about Europe.

But this is more than merely patently offensive, it is just plain factually incorrect. And it takes just a few moments of Googling (or binging, whichever you prefer) to figure that one out. Same-sex marriage became the law of the land in Canada in 2005. At the time, the age of consent in Canada was, in fact, 14 years. However, in 2008, while same-sex marriage was legal in Canada, the age of consent was raised to 16.  By Tam’s logic, he should be arguing that it is clear that the gay agenda includes an item of increasing the age of consent.

But, of course, the problem with Tam is his rejection of logic. He uses innuendo and vague emotional statements about the welfare of children, and then depends on the website of NARTH, an ex-gay group condemned by mainstream mental health professionals, over accredited, peer-reviewed scientific studies from real professionals. This has nothing to do with what is going on in the real world, but what is going on in a few small minds.

Tags: ,

• 1. Urbain  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:26 am

Excellent analysis, Brian. Thank you!

Because this case has not been televised, my guess is that a lot of anti-gay folks will still believe the type of nonsense that Tam said. It's kind of like David Barton's rewriting of historical quotes … he corrects himself after publication, but the churches are still using the bad quotes.

• 2. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:34 am

Are there any journalists from the associated press in there with you … or were they told they cannot cover the trial? It's hard to believe there is nothing on this on CNN, MSNBC, etc. Really ticking me off that this seems to be small to journalists…when my livelyhood hangs in the balance.

• 3. James  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:39 am

Where are the journalists?

• 4. Rebecca  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:42 am

Except that there's nothing cute about Tam.

• 5. activecitizen54  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:49 am

Let's not forget that the Pro PropH8 group will attempt to use this personal hate from Tam as an "isolated incident" to maintain their, the Catholic, Evangelical and LDS Cults of Jesus, plausible deniability.
    This man is a shill. This man is/was used and his perjury deserves punishment big-time as one of the sponsors of this action.
    You can bet that Rob Reiner will have his feature film out of this one performance and with the collusion of the Cults of Jesus documented this is an epic tale of HATE that Americans will eat up.
    The Mainstream Media shares the bias of Tam and the Cults of Jesus and they damned well won't risk their ratings on the truth.
    Thank you so very much for all your hard work and I pray for your strength and ability to maintain.
    It's not over and I have more hope today than ever before that this nonsense shit at the LGBT Community will finally be exposed and debunked once and for all time. Stop the Hate.

• 6. Kate  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:57 am

Wow! I don't think I could have sat through that. I'd either burst out screaming or leave and cry at the cultivated ignorance that appears to mainly go unquestioned.

• 7. Domestically partner  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:59 am

I really wish the site would avoid this kind of snarky commentary. This and FDL are pretty much the two public accounts of this trial, and I for one would like anybody to be able to read this without being turned off by bias. If as you say the whole point of the defense fighting the cameras is that they don't want light shined on their ways, then you should want this site read by as many people as possible. A midwestern grandmother is going to be turned off by the tone of this post, but maybe she would have read the transcript of the trial and came to those same conclusions herself without feeling like her viewpoints were under attack. I've been passing along this link to people of all political stripes, but this post now makes me more reluctant to that lest they think I'm beating them over the head with my viewpoint.

I greatly appreciate all the work you've been doing to keep us informed, and I have been religiously following (so to say) this site daily. I am domestically partnered in the state of Oregon and this trial affects my life. I certainly see these events through the same lenses you do, but I don't think it needs the ridicule. Let it stand for what it is and people will make their own decisions.

• 8. Jane  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Not even remotely. He made me want to projectile vomit on my new iMac.

• 9. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Brian, your words, "This has nothing to do with what is going on in the real world, but what is going on in a few small minds." are quite true, but one small word "small." It's not just a few small minds that think they know the truth, but those few small minds that pass on that misinformed truth to anyone else that will listen. If I were to say something in my community, and trust me, most would listen, it would get passed on as wisdom words from the B. But we know there is freedom of speech and we can say what we want about pretty much any thing. It's those who are good at fooling people that are to be feared the most.

Tam most likely knows (I am pretty much convinced of this, because he had such a hard time telling the truth today) what he is saying is hatred, but he says it with a clear conscious. He doesn't care who he hurts, just likes to be heard. Sociopath/psychopathic comes to mind…someone will look into his behavior one day and college students will study it, they will name it the 'Tam' effect and people will start to learn about his disease. Until then, we will live with his hatred.

• 10. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Walk away from the mac…far far away.

• 11. elliott  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

meh… i've been looking all around the internet for outlets that have covered this trial in any sort of detail and haven't found many at all. i understand what you are saying, but this is a rare forum. Unless you have a better place for people to express how they feel, I'm all for the comments threads. This could mean the next 20 years of our lives, at least. Since it is a comment thread that comments upon what is now contested in court, what we say here should be irrelevant to the outcome but is entirely relevant to how we as G&Ls learn to deal with the outcome, whatever it may be.

• 12. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Firstly, thanks for this. Nothing 'snarky' about brian's post (commentary) to me. I don't feel he is deluding anything and has every right to an opinion…which is what he gave, his opinion.

• 13. Taylor  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Such accusations against homosexuality truly sicken me. What's even more upsetting is that I know there are others who share similar beliefs, although I've never encountered such a man that would suggest that two women in love could really propose a change to begin legalizing prostitution. Oh and pedophilia too? That's disgusting. I cannot find the right word to describe him, they seem to miniscule or isignificatn compared with his absurd and irrelvent logic that is completely offensive.

Still, I think he harmed himself more than he did good. His statements only prove of anti-gay discrimination. I could make similar accusations against people with overtly large lips. I could LIE and say that exceedingly large lips are a problem in society because large lips are cause for promiscuous activity and this will lead to polygamy if they allow it to go on! So in order to stop this, the government should start regulating marriage and ban people with large lips to marry, so they do not produce children with large lips that will inevitably become involved with obscene and bawdy behavior.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhtt. And left handed people are possessed by demons.

Anyway, thank you for writing this Brian, I really appreciate the court room coverage. And by the way, I do have a family member similar to your Uncle, he's my cousin, distantly thankfully, but he does make some rather obnoxious and crazy statements. Aha.

• 14. Jane  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I find nothing snarky about this post. I'm naturally attracted to snarkiness, so I would know. Sometimes the truth is illuminating. Like sunshine.

• 15. Jane  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm

All cringe. No cute.

• 16. Dick Mills  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I agree with Barb. The problem is that there are millions of small minds that are exceptionally quick to latch onto the lies that Tam promulgates, simply because the lies reinforce their bias. Many of them are incapable of critical thought, and many of the others are uninterested in questioning the lies that reinforce their prejudice.

• 17. Aconite  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:19 pm

The American Foundation for Civil Rights (the plaintiffs) are posting transcripts of each day's proceedings: http://www.equalrightsfoundation.org/

I understand what you're saying, but consider that you've just asked a whole community to censor themselves for the comfort of a hypothetical straight audience. Think about how that might play to this community right now, eh?

• 18. Dieter M.  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:20 pm

It does not matter one little bit. Todays Supreme court ruling has just ENDED any hopes of gay marriage in our country. EVER. It's over.

• 19. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I don't believe that at all. We will prevail.

• 20. John  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I think Tam just got PWNED!

• 21. Tom B.  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Here's the catch to that, and why the judge is making sure EVERYTHING in the case is on record. If the record shows that the judge made a fair and just decision, and the SCOTUS then overturns it on appeal, the American public will have those judges out on their ears, or if not, there will be gay protests the likes that have not been seen since the Stonewall riots (peaceful of course).

• 22. Sheryl Carver  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I found nothing "snarky" about Brian's article. Are these bloggers on the side of the plaintiffs? Absolutely. Are some of the comments added by readers "snarky"? Yes, a few, but most are NOT. Unlike many of the comments by the pro-8 folks found on regular news sites.

If you are so concerned about the tone here, use the link to the San Jose Mercury News blogger: http://www.mercurynews.com/samesexmarriage
    Or this one to the transcripts on the AFER site :http://www.equalrightsfoundation.org/our-work/hearing-transcripts/

BTW, I find it highly unlikely that many people will wade through the transcripts of the whole trial unless they are already VERY interested in the issues. I would bet most of that group (anti-8 or pro-8) would be unlikely to change their opinions based the transcript. On the other hand, had it been on YouTube, a whole bunch of people would have watched at least some of the trial, and some minds might have been changed.

• 23. Aaron  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:30 pm

lawyerly people…..do you think boies' redirect was strong enough to shatter the "i was acting independently" crapola that Moss led Tam through on cross? was the link between Tam and PM.com shown to be strong enough for this to seriously hurt their defense?

• 24. elliott  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Oh Taylor,

Tut! My husband and I of 10 years are now focusing on legalizing prostitution, per the gay agenda memo. When will you get up to speed with this? It's only the next logical step!

• 25. Michael Herman  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Unfortunately, playing the deranged fantasies of those few small minds in political ads is enough to scare underinformed voters into wrongfully stripping Americans of fundimental rights, and unwittingly violating the United States Constitution.

• 26. Dieter M.  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm

we do not even have enough power or support to get gay marriage – a basic fundamental right to pass.. how do you think we will have even MORE powere to get rid of a supreme court justice, a nearly impossible and unheard of feat?.
    It's over.

• 27. Taylor  |  January 21, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I agree with Barb. This does matter, regardless of any decision. It will always matter because it is our voices speaking out against injustice. Granted, it's taking time but life always takes time. It takes decades upon decades for rain and wind to carve the canyon out of the Earth and for seeds to burst through the soil and bloom into a forest.

Our fight for equality will always be long and tiring, but so long as we continue to fight and for the right reasons, it will never be over. There will be an end to the suffering and mistreatment.

It's hard, it's agonizing, it sucks. But it's what's right. It's what true and what we'll show the world one day. And we cannot give up on that.

• 28. GAYGUY  |  January 21, 2010 at 1:10 pm

WHAT supreme court ruling?

• 29. GAYGUY  |  January 21, 2010 at 1:12 pm

WHAT SUPREME COURT RULING? I DID NOT HEAR ABOUT IT!!

• 30. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 1:14 pm

• 31. Tom B.  |  January 21, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I'm guessing that due to the Supreme Court decision, only courtroom cameras have been allowed in, and the trial is not to be broadcast outside the overflow courtroom in the building.

• 32. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 1:18 pm

GayGuy, right now, there is a new article on this site's home page that discusses it.

• 33. herbiewho  |  January 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I am a Chinese-American, and I am embarrassed that William Tam prides on calling himself an Asian-American. What a spineless little brat…he couldn't even accept responsibility for his own beliefs, actions, and involvement! His beliefs are un-American and his lack of acceptance of responsibility is culturally shameful! Ugh…lame!!!

By the way, can I play William Tam in the Reenactment Series…I swear I could hear his "broken" English and ignorance in reading the transcript, and I can play that part really well!!!! I would do it for free!!!

• 34. truthspew  |  January 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

It is becoming abundantly clear that the opposition hasn't got a leg to stand on. Olson and Boies are proving the points they laid out, that animus is involved, and that we are in fact a suspect class.

This is the first time in my life that I've actually enjoyed reading the transcripts of a trial. I would have been happier had the USSC not interfered and we could have delayed YouTube video but alas, I ask too much.

• 35. Larry K LIttle  |  January 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm

DOCTOR Tam? What school did he graduate from, Bob Jones university or did he get a diploma from Pat Robertson? How Does Doctor Tam connect the dots between gay behavior and child molestation when the evidence overwhelmingly points to heterosexuals? Its a shame when we all know Clarence Thomas has his pen ready to support discrimination, inequality and William Tam and we have to ask: Where for art thou justice?.

• 36. Sheryl  |  January 21, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Gosh, the State of Nevada has legal prostitution and they haven't legalized gay marriage. Can't see how prostitution could be the agenda of the LGBT community cause they'd be pushing for legalizing prostitution not marriage.

• 37. Nakhone  |  January 21, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I think I was born to play that role Herbiewho. Wouldn't it be fun to play him?

• 38. herbiewho  |  January 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm

You think YOU were born for that role, Nakhone? I think that is my destiny…God put me on this earth to play William Tam…ignorant, passive, deflective, slimy, and lame…did I mention I went to a conservative church all my life…this is where I draw my inspiration from!

• 39. Roger  |  January 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm

We've had legal prostitution here in New South Wales for years. It's no big deal.

• 40. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Yep, again, ignorance is bliss. Knowledge is power.

• 41. Karen  |  January 21, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Well said, Barb.

• 42. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 8:12 pm

this one (although it’s an article, I am too tired to search)

• 43. Mairin  |  January 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm

my midwestern grandmother would understand the frustration that people are feeling…

• 44. Daryl  |  January 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Yup, I am wondering how come this trial isnt as big in the media as I expected. I tried searching through different networking sites and they are not even talking about it. even in gay networking sites. There are few videos available about what is happening. Its not as big in the news. Is there a media blockout?

• 45. Barb  |  January 21, 2010 at 9:30 pm

ProtectMarriage dot com's blog post yesterday does NOT include any of the TAM testimony. It's all propaganda and rhetoric about how we have quite a bit of political clout (not too persuasive when coupled with the (f)actual testimony – but these people will never read the real testimony, they want a summation that only proves their current position.)

• 46. george  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:08 pm

"The opposition hasn't got a leg to stand on"

Ha, ha, that's how it always seems when the opposition's case hasn't been heard yet.

The plaintiff's offering this guy Tam as a witness is like marching the NYC gay pride parade into the courtroom. Maybe the defense should bring some video of that spectacle into the courtroom.

• 47. Richard  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Unfortunately, when Rob does make his film, there will be very few who believe that it is anything except someone taking "dramatic license" with the trial in order to prove a point. That is another reason the Prop H8 individuals do not want this televised. They do not want the truth to come out, and this blog has been the only thing that has been letting anyone know exactly what is going on. They are afraid. They are very afraid. I am also afraid. Wat will happen to trials like this no that SCOTUS has just given Corporate America the right to bankrupt themselves in order to buy politicians who will only mouth what the corporate bigwigs want them to say, regardless of what their constituency actually want? Pray for all of us, people! Pray very very hard.

• 48. Richard  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Thank you, Taylor. Especially for your reminder that people once thought left-handed people were possessed by the devil. Unfortunately, I found out about THAT little goody first hand. And that is something you think would not go on in this day and age. Well it did, and I am only 46 (47 in March), My husband and I are going to Connecticut in April to get married, and yet it hurts that we cannot do that here in North Carolina. Why should anyone be forced to go to another state to get married, and not only deny themselves the chance to celebrate their wedding day with family and friends, but also why deny the family and friends the opportunity to celebrate with the couple who are getting married? That is why this trial is so important. This affects not only us, but our entire circle of family and friends. In short, this affects EVERYBODY IN THE UNITED STATES. Which is another reason the Prop H8 folks do not want it televised. When the ship is sinking, or is about to hit an iceberg, the captains of that ship do not want anyone to have any evidence of their malfeasance and other forms of wrongdoing. But they are forgetting what their own Bible teaches–that what is done in the dark will come into the light.

• 49. Richard  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:53 pm

The Supreme Court just legalized prostitution yesterday, elliot. The Citizens United decision.

• 50. Richard  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Yes, and Tam used a tactic that worked with Hitler. The bigger the lie, the larger the group of people who will believe that lie.

• 51. Richard  |  January 21, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission. The decision basically told Corporate America that they can directly buy any political seat they want to buy, and totally drain the company coffers to do so. It is nothingmore than advancing politics as legalized prostitution.

• 52. Richard  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:00 am

Yes, especially since Clarence Thomas almost did not become a Supreme. Maybe someone needs to remind America about Anita Hill! Wait, I've got it. Someone find Anita Hill and bring her back out into the public eye again! Let Justice Thomas know that we haven't forgotten about his sexual abuse of her!

• 53. Richard  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:01 am

Yes, and they definitely don't want any comments on the site. Are they afraid that if they let the truth in, their little sheep will wander away?

• 54. jdweekley  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:11 am

Here's a RADICAL idea: We should all send Mr. Tam a big gay bouquet. We should drop off casseroles, cookies and baskets of muffins. We should send him a Thank You card, with embossed engraving on the finest stock.

MR. TAM HAS DONE US A GREAT SERVICE. He's exposed the root animus and prejudice and fear that drove Prop8 to victory. He has put a face on bigotry and homophobia.

Instead of vilifying him, we should pity him. We should forgive him his ignorance and show him compassion. For all his faith and biblical belief, he has utterly failed to understand Christ's central message of love for one another. He's a failed human being.

• 55. Marc  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:33 am

REALLY?

Do you really believe that? LGBT people can't even get consensus on whether or not Obama supports us. We're much to busy checking the stock ticker on the LCD screen at Starbucks while awaiting our lowfat, decaf, mochacino. We have no time nor ability to rally behind a movement while we await our next project plan assignment before we dash off to pick up our Armani at the cleaners and YOU think there is going to be a revolution.

• 56. Pete  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:38 am

He didn't mention that Europe also has a "higher age of consent just for male-male sexual conduct are noted in Gibraltar, Greece (for the male-male partners over 18) and Guernsey."

There also a map that shows CATHOLIC Mexico with one of the lowest age of consents. Hmmmm

He has to be the least informed expert witness ever put on the stand!

• 57. sarah  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:47 am

He obviously lied on the stand. I hope they bring perjury charges too.

• 58. Bill  |  January 22, 2010 at 1:12 am

It is already 'out.'

It is a matter of public record.

Word for word transcripts are and forever will be available to anyone who wishes to see them.

• 59. Bill  |  January 22, 2010 at 1:14 am

You are right. Let's give those that murder us, rape us, abuse us, and continue trying to implement Apartheid toward LGTB citizens the respect they deserve.

Fool.

• 60. Bill  |  January 22, 2010 at 1:17 am

Jeez. I'm left handed AND gay…

I must be double-possessed by 'ole Beelzebub.

• 61. Bill  |  January 22, 2010 at 1:20 am

@ 37. Marc | January 22, 2010 at 7:33 am

Speak for yourself, dude.

Armani is SOOOOOOOOOO 1995.

• 62. Bill  |  January 22, 2010 at 1:22 am

maybe it's time for you to go away and become the SUPERSTAR you are DESTINED to become on all the homo-hating web sites.

You;re a freakin' SUPERSTAR, brah. A SUPERSTAR!

• 63. fiona64  |  January 22, 2010 at 3:31 am

Anyone wanting evidence of animus against our LGBT fellow citizens, please read George's posts.

• 64. Kevin  |  January 22, 2010 at 5:32 am

"Tam: Measure K in SF. I saw some homosexuals hanging around there."

What was a good Christian boy like our Billy Tam doing around the Measure K offices anyway? Enquiring minds want to know.

• 65. Aconite  |  January 22, 2010 at 5:37 am

Tom, SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment. The justices can't be thrown out.

• 66. Olivia  |  January 22, 2010 at 5:56 am

I am Chinese, and am completely embarrassed by Tam's testimony. He says it's important for Asian families that their children don't wonder about who they should marry. Would we rather we revert back to arranged marriages?

He can't recall where he read the info that he's basing his testimony on. He believes everything he reads on the internet. He never bothered to backup his views with actual science. He talks about same-sex marriage and the age of consent in Canada. Let me clarify facts for you, Mr. Tam:

The age of consent was 14 yrs since 1892. Same-sex marriage was legalized in 2005. Then the age of consent was changed to 16 in 2008. So, in reality, the age of consent was RAISED after same-sex marriage was legalized.

And then there was this:

"Frankly, I don't know who was on. They all sound alike. ENGLISH IS NOT MY MOTHER TONGUE!

[…]

I never knew that, as a Chinese person, I would be facing a lawyer asking me all of these questions."

• 67. kerri  |  January 22, 2010 at 6:53 am

I think that was very well said. I totally agree with you… this is HISTORY in the making!!!

• 68. kerri  |  January 22, 2010 at 6:58 am

I will never censor myself … this is my life at stake too, my rights, my security with my wife, my RIGHTS as a TAX PAYING AMERICAN …

• 69. MoL  |  January 22, 2010 at 8:00 am

Does this Tam guy have any kind of severe traumatic brain injury?

• 70. TheColu.mn » Blog A&hellip  |  January 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm

[…] 8 of the Prop 8 trial, and William Tam brings on the crazy. One of the prominent organizers behind the petition drive to put Prop 8 on the 2008 ballot in […]

• 71. SMB  |  January 23, 2010 at 5:38 am

I just hope he doesn't come out of the closet. I watched him in court and he's repugnant.

• 72. SMB  |  January 23, 2010 at 5:41 am

Bill can you post the link for the official transcripts?

• 73. Pound Prop 8: Tracking th&hellip  |  January 23, 2010 at 3:06 pm

[…] American right wing voter. Or, as Brian Leubitz described him in another Trial Tracker blog post, “… that Cute Ignorant Uncle That Everybody Cringes At.” During his testimony, Tam indicated that he believed that in the Netherlands, the legalization of […]

• 74. Taylor  |  January 24, 2010 at 6:20 am

Congratulations on your marriage, I am very sorry that it could not be done where you live. I'm from North Carolina, a very small town in which you've probably never heard but it's right next Cherry Point, the military base. Growing up in a Christian and military orientated town was probably why coming out was so difficult for me. Originally, I was suppose to be left handed however my mother believed in said superstition and took it upon herself to force me to write with my right hand. And I'm sixteen – which I never state so publicly as I'm often regarded as ignorant or simply too inexperienced to be involved with such important matters but I've stated so to further your point in that such senseless and idiotic beliefs should never be able to manifest themselves in such a high society as ours, but from what I've seen in people our mentality and open mindedness has done little to grow and expand and has instead, regressed.

And you are very correct, this trial does effect the United States as a whole. Such points addressed in this case are points that would may have profoundly changed the mind set of some Americans who flipped to the news – assuming some of the youtube footage would be broadcasted, which I wouldn't doubt it would be – and saw something actually important in our society instead of the latest news of Tiger Woods' sex scandal.

And thus, endangering every lie and infestation of fallacy they and mongrels like them have spent generations to uphold. It was a low blow, but certainly not the end. I still believe we can win this; we'll expose the wizard and his simple mind tricks. I'm very confident, the world will see this light, soon enough.

• 75. Steffi  |  January 24, 2010 at 8:50 am

I am not aware of any countries in Europe that allows children of 14 to have sex with adults!
    clearly with one another – IF both are willing and no one is exploiting the other – cause you don't want kids to do sth. criminal if they only try out/ whare what we did likewise. but clearly sex between children and adult is allowed nowhere in Europe were I am aware of.
    and why WOULD "the Gays" have such a thing on their agenda?? it makes no sense at all!

• 76. Neha  |  April 10, 2014 at 4:12 am

Ben sevgililer gfcnfcndeki prrogamınız hakkında bilgi almak istiyorum da hani ogfcne f6zel neler olacak terasta ve sevgililer gfcnfcnfcn biletleri ne zaman satışa e7ıkacak bahsettiğiniz kampanya sitesinde satış gf6remedim de ben. insanların sorularını boyle gfczel şekilde ilgilenip cevapladığınız ie7inde teşekkfcr ederimGD Star Ratingloading…