Ted Olson’s Courage Campaign Conversation

Community/Meta

By Julia Rosen

Got a question for Ted Olson? Well you are in luck.

This Wednesday at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET we are hosting a special conference call with Ted Olson about the closing arguments to Perry v. Schwarzenegger (go RSVP!). It’s free to join the call, but these calls are not cheap and if you can please consider making a donation to help offset the cost.

You can submit a question in advance on the RSVP form, but we will also be taking live calls from participants that day. Rick Jacobs will be moderating and I will be helping with the questions.

This conference call is part of our ongoing series of Courage Campaign Conversations, where leading progressive leaders and authors engage in no-holds-barred dialogue with our community. Guests have included Arianna Huffington, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, Attorney General Jerry Brown, Mayor Gavin Newsom, Markos Moulitsas, Lt. Dan Choi and Jeremy Scahill.

We are proud to have Ted Olson joining us this week and hopefully a few of you regular readers can make it!

Tags:

• 1. K!r!lleXXI  |  June 8, 2010 at 8:21 am

Will there be any video or audio broadcast available in real-time and for later download?

K@RU

• 2. Ronnie  |  June 8, 2010 at 8:55 am

You guys should know that there is an anti-gay anti-Ted Olsen Facebook page

I have not read through the whole thing but I've seen stuff posted on other anti-gay pages…its not cool…. : ( …Ronnie

• 3. Ronnie  |  June 8, 2010 at 8:56 am

dang….subscribe

• 4. Bryan  |  June 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

I'll look at it in a few minutes, today is a semi-slow news day/haven't-had-enough-5-hr-energy-day. I need high (but not profound) level anti-gay stupidity to fire me up from sleep mode… if it's profound, it's just too stupid to deal with and I sigh exasperatedly and deal with it later.

More on topic, if anyone's putting in a question, can someone ask about any future plans for outlawing Reparative Therapy on the federal level? Cause that's my post-degree goal (when I finally transfer and graduate from UCLA).

• 5. Bob  |  June 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm

checked it out, the religiious right, think they have the handle on morality, right and wrong, as dictated by God,

which boils down to, it's right to lie and cheat to gain support, in order to discriminate against a certain group of people, according to them the bible says it's right to hate this group of people, and express that hatred via discrimination.

It's wrong to not hate or discrimiate against a certain group of people, and it's wrong to not use the bible as the only source of direction for our moral compass.

My question is who's bible? and who's God, let them comoe to a consensus about that first,

The real point is , if these come from God, so be it, but it does not come from some individual religions interpretation of God.

• 6. Straight Grandmother  |  June 8, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Oh my goodness so much news on this website. Rick & all I hope you get this confrence call out to a lot of people who will write about it, people other than those of us on here.

I made my rervervation and also contributed, so I hope a lot of other people do as well. I also submitted my question, so I hope that gets read. What a GREAT opportunity this is.

• 7. Richard A. Walter (s  |  June 9, 2010 at 1:17 am

I'll be there with bells on, Julia!

• 8. Straight Grandmother  |  June 9, 2010 at 7:54 am

Richard I notice you flirt quite a bit with Julia, tisk tisk, I thought you were getting married LOL! I'm drinking Coke Zero for the caffine to keep me awake for the call it is already midnight by me but only 3pm in California. That is why I am so chaty tonight I am on a caffine high LOL!

• 9. Richard A. Walter (s  |  June 9, 2010 at 10:53 am

Yes, but this flirtation is purely intellectual. and speaking of the call,I am outside with my laptop so I can keep up with the posts while on the call. On hold until a moderator shows up. Love your suggestion to Ronnie on the question. If he is not able to be on the call, I may ask it for him, just to make sure it gets put on the table.

• 10. Ray in MA  |  June 9, 2010 at 11:21 am

Report as hate speech, just click on the link!

(same for the blog without comments:

• 11. Richard A. Walter (s  |  June 9, 2010 at 11:23 am

page has now been pulled.

• 12. Rightthingtodo TX  |  June 10, 2010 at 4:11 am

is the transcript going to be posted?

• 13. เทคนิค  |  August 23, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
    It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old
    rehashed material. Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m
    including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

• 14. pet insurance good or bad  |  September 20, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Relying on the variety of insurance policy prepare, protection could also involve vaccinations, spray, neuter and even flea prescription drugs.

Bear in mind it is pretty vital that you under no circumstances use ammonia or ammonia based items when cleansing up canine or pet pee.