The face of NOM and how it will aid us

Community/Meta NOM Tour Tracker Right-wing

by Adam Bink

I was watching HBO’s True Blood yesterday, whose character Lafayette reminded me of the memorable Belize from Angels in America. I’ve seen the amazing Tony Kushner play twice (and the made-for-TV version a third time), but I was driven to watch clips of it this morning. As I watched the moving portrayal of the stigma around HIV/AIDS, I wondered how NOM and their rank and file supporters would have reacted to such an epidemic and “homosexual disease” racing across America. Would they have shown the same intolerance and disdain for a debilitating disease as they do for equality?

Then I watched this video Anthony took in Harrisburg, PA. Take special note of this man’s comments about AIDS and “homosexuals”:

Absolutely stunning. This is the ugly face brought out and exposed by NOM’s “Summer for Marriage” tour.

In a coincidence, Frank Rich’s NYTimes column from yesterday happened to be titled “Angels in America”. In it, he describes Judith Peabody and her mother-in-law, Mary Peabody, two “high society” women who shook up the circles in which they traveled by volunteering for civil rights and AIDS activism. Rich writes:

The Peabody women were among the countless players in these larger civil rights dramas. They are testimony to the courage, big-heartedness and sense of fundamental fairness that can flower in our country in the most unexpected quarters even as the angrier and more malign voices dominate the debate.

Voices like this man’s- who refused to even give his name to Anthony because Anthony is gay- are among those faces Rich describes, which we’ve seen exposed into the sunlight over the course of this tour. While it is painful to watch, I don’t believe it is a bad thing. Videos like this man’s will become the new version of firehoses spraying civil rights activists in Birmingham, footage which shocked many Americans and led to an awareness of the evils of discrimination and segregation during the civil rights movement. So while NOM’s hate and the hatred and bigotry of men like this may be dominating the debate, I say: let them talk. We will document their language and show it to the rest of this country.

I believe doing so will help us continue on the path to defend constitutional rights from a majority vote. As I wrote this afternoon, election law by design prevents civil rights from being put to a popular vote in the District of Columbia. Ted Olson memorably told Chris Wallace on FOX News “Would you like FOX’s right to free press put up to a vote?… These are fundamental constitutional rights.” This reminds me of a quote from Rich’s piece and one of my favorite quotes from Belize in Angels in America (bolding mine):

We are still a young, imperfect, unfinished country. As a young black man working as a nurse in a 1980s AIDS clinic memorably says in Tony Kushner’s epic drama “Angels in America”: “The white cracker who wrote the national anthem knew what he was doing. He set the word ‘free’ to a note so high nobody can reach it.”

But sometimes we do hit that note, however tentatively. How one wishes that the many gay Americans who were left to die in the shadows during that horrific time — and, in most cases, without a Judith Peabody, let alone a legal spouse, by their side — could hear Judge Walker’s clarion call.

Sometimes we do hit that note- and if we do, let’s make sure we expose the face of those who helped make it so, so it never happens again.

• 1. Ķĭŗîļĺę&  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:02 am

I was just talking about NOM aiding us!

• 2. AndrewPDX  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:04 am

Yeah… just like how the defense's own witnesses proved our case almost as well as our own witnesses.

I still have to think of Blankenhorn's (now) famous quote about us being more American :)

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
    Andrew

• 3. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:06 am

Exposing the faces of hatred and bigotry is exactly why the Tour Tracker is so important, and why I am so glad you did this. Of course, getting to meet Arisha and Phyllis was really awesome too! Hope you guys have a safe trip home!

• 4. Kathleen  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:07 am

A moving post, Adam. Thank you.

• 5. Ann S.  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:14 am

I agree. Thank you, Adam.

• 6. MJFargo  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:29 am

It's funny (well, not really) I was just on another site where people were offering that pro Prop 8 people don't hate "gay" people, and I suppose there are those who support Prop 8 and don't believe they actually "hate." So findining this testimony just seconds later points to the myth that people aren't in touch with either the consequences of Prop 8 or, likely, their fellow supporters' motives. I see no difference between this anonymous gentleman, Bryan Brown and Maggie Gallagher…other than one is bold enough to say how he really feels. Oh, I forgot to include Louis (Hi, Louis!)

• 7. AndrewPDX  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:38 am

After Maggie's radio comment the other day where she said "homosexuality is unfortunate" and that we needed to "control our behavior"… it's obvious to me that she is out to remove more than our fundamental right to marry — but she is after our fundamental right to breathe.

No, she is no better than Mr.Anonymous or Larry the Noose, IMHO.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
    Andrew

• 8. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:40 am

They can't survive in the light.

Subscribing.

• 9. Greg in OZ  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:46 am

sub-a-dub-dub

• 10. Greg in OZ  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:47 am

DOH! tick the box….tick the box……..

• 11. Ed  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:52 am

Did anyone else pick up on the very end? When he gave the interviewer something on the "titanic" and said "it gives a real depiction" and "the movie was a novel…fiction"
    What was that?
    I know this man is diseased with misinformation and misguided hate, but was there just a tiny little bit of humanity showing it's ugly head?
    Am I an idiot romantic trying to believe there is some good in everyone somewhere?
    I really wish that ministers would use their ability to reach people to melt their hearts with LOVE, just as Jesus did according to the Bible. It's unimaginable all the good this world/humanity could accomplish if we were to truly work together and love one another.
    I'll stop babbling for now.
    Keep up the good fight my California friends. We Texans are counting on you to lead the way.

• 12. Kathleen  |  August 15, 2010 at 10:57 am

I agree. They first said it was "just about marriage." Now they oppose civil unions and domestic partnerships because they think they're just "stepping stones to marriage."

I'm sure they'll soon be going after the right of ss couples to adopt and then try to take away glbt people's biological children. Next, it's back to criminalizing gay sex I already see plenty of signs at their rallies that say "Re-Criminalize Sodomy." I've heard the anti-hate crime laws rants.

This is NOT just about marriage – at ALL.

• 13. Dave in CA  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:05 am

One of those religious tract handouts that the fundies like to pass around uses the Titanic as a lesson about God’s punishment of hubris and hedonism; you know that line about "God Himself could not sink this ship" and all.

Maybe that guy was passing out one of those.

• 14. Leo  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:06 am

I don't have high hopes because it's a concept alien to most people, but I really wish someone asked one of these "sodomy sodomy sodomy" bigots about homoromantic asexuals. "If two men or two women love each other, but have no interest in sex at all, do you have a problem with them marrying? If so, why?"

• 15. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:10 am

The man in the video is… sad. He's just a pawn, but….

• 16. Straight Dave  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:23 am

Because they can't procreate. Have you been sleeping in class again? :)
    NOM's view: It's just a waste of paper and the state's valuable time to bother marrying them, to no good end. It's not about love. It's about survival of the species that's down to a bare 6 billion souls. Now get out there and screw somebody, anybody. Save the planet!

• 17. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:24 am

You mean one of those disgusting little Jack Chick things that are thinly disguised as comic books? I really wish there was a way to get rid of them, or at least have them marked as what they really are.

• 18. Bolt  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:24 am

I think I would go Dr. Lector on him.

• 19. Julie Latimer  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:28 am

Nice "Scott's Lawn Service" hat that wacko was sporting. I just posted the video on the Scott's Lawn Service site.

• 20. Zachary  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:32 am

Short version:

Man: SODOMITES, ALL OF THEM!
    Anthony: Well, I'm a homosexual male.
    Man: Oh, that's okay.
    Anthony: …
    Man: Hey, how about that Leonardo DiCaprio?

• 21. Leo  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:33 am

Yeah, I know. But I'm talking about those who specifically object to sodomy, sin, etc., like the guy in this video.

• 22. Joel  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:33 am

I would like these people to realize that the Bible is not a weapon, it's a roadmap for one to navigate one's own life. The seminal verse in the New Testament for me, and one that I think embodies the whole Bible, Old and New Testament, is "remove the beam from thine own eye, before you tend to the mote in thy brother's". My apologies if this is misquoted.

• 23. Straight Dave  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:38 am

I doubt Mr Anonymous would even understand such a question, or realize how he had painted himself into such a corner. But it would be fun to watch him squirm.

• 24. GraciesDaddy  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:48 am

Like cock-a-roaches.

• 25. Sarah  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:52 am

mail me.

• 26. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:55 am

And vampires

• 27. Straight Ally #3008  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:58 am

I really hope this guy doesn't eat shrimp or pork. Creationist for sure.

• 28. Dave in CA  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Okay, people, someone better 'fess up. Who blabbed to him about the "rubber strap-on thing" ? We cannot have the fundie crazies knowing about our toys.

I am sooo going to mention this at the next committee meeting. Someone broke protocol.

• 29. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:05 pm

It's on the internet.

• 30. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Sorry, I had to say that.

• 31. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Randomness.

Other topical quotes from Laugh In

"The devil made me do it."

"Here come the judge."

Surely we can do something with this?

• 32. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm

It was probably one of his high school buddies that told him about it way back in the dark ages, and he has been wanting to have one used on him ever since. He did seem to get quite excited about it, didn't he?

• 33. Bolt  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Way to network, Julie. Very resourceful.

• 34. JonT  |  August 15, 2010 at 12:46 pm

subing

• 35. Lora  |  August 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Did anyone else notice him back up a little when Anthony told him he was gay?

• 36. Alan E.  |  August 15, 2010 at 3:19 pm

It seemed to me he was so uncomfortable he went to the first thin he could think of to change the subject. I've seen that used so many times in my extended family.

• 37. AndrewPDX  |  August 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

How about "Veeeery Interesting… but stupid!"

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
    Andrew

• 38. Greg in OZ  |  August 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

….or how about Rowan's nightly sign off line to Martin:

Rowan: 'Say goodnight, Dick

Martin: Goodnight Dick

I know it's apprapro of nothing – but it just seems the right thing to say at the end of the NOM FAIL Tour :-)

• 39. Alyson  |  August 15, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I get really tired of these sex obsessed fundie assumptions about lgbt people and what we are doing in bed with a complete lack of interest in all the kinky stuff their own team is doing. Just by numbers alone assuming 3-10% of the population is lgbt I will bet that the VAST majority of sodomy occuring anywhere is between straight people. It only takes 12% of them interested in it to surpass our numbers even if we assuming every lgbt person is interested in sodomy which i am sure many are not. I get similarly tired of the continuing – often accepted – assumption of HIV being a 'gay' disease. Do they really not know the facts? And how do these people answer to all the 'immoral' things going on in straight marriages. They are rejecting lgbt people regardless of behavior and accepting het. Behavior regardless of behavior.

• 40. Alyson  |  August 15, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I can't find the P8TT on facebook? Also – I am checking subscribe and it doesn't seem to subscribe me. Could it be anything to do with reading this on my phone. Thanks for the tech support!

• 41. Straight Grandmother  |  August 15, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Julie, you did WHAT????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• 42. Straight Grandmother  |  August 15, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Prolly got his information from NARTH, him & Dr Tam.

• 43. Straight Grandmother  |  August 15, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I can't wait for the NOMTourTracker to put out the full length video of the tour. Hopefully they will cut the movie with screen shots from NOM with all their blantant lies.

I am jsut going to be real honet here. The DC rally, from a "home viewers" pespective was kind of a let down, because our counter rally was off site. It was a counter rally and not a counter protest IMHO. I will go look at the Queer Rising RI site and hopefully get some motivation.

In the next 2 days I have a lot of important farm and busines work to accomplish so I might not be as active as usual.

The NOM Summer of (hetro only) Marriage Tour has sputtered to a stop but WE here, all of us, are not going to stop.

Louis- don't forget to get the bus washed before you turn it back in.

Brian S Brown, the Biggest Biggot in America, maybe you should consider a career change and finihs up the PhD you never finished.

Maggie Gallaghet, Chief Hater in America, you look so tired. Why don't you find a rock and go crawl under it.

• 44. Joel  |  August 15, 2010 at 6:27 pm

So, tomorrow, the waiting game begins again. Will the Ninth Circuit rule? Is Justice Kennedy already considering his own decision? Does anyone have a guess? A speculation? A prophetic vision?

Why does the theme from "Jeopardy" keep tinkling in my head like a slightly annoying soundtrack?

• 45. Franck  |  August 15, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Kathleen, I'm sorry I didn't record it, but back in 2009, when all the major French-speaking media outlets reported on the verdict in Strauss v. Horton, we were all treated with a video of a guy cheerfully declaring that taking away parenthood rights from LGBT folks was the next step. I saw the same video at least a dozen times over the following days, it was sickening.

– Franck P. Rabeson
    Days spent apart from my fiancé because of DOMA: 1151 days, as of today.

• 46. Brad Larsen  |  August 15, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Another Round in a Same-Sex Marriage Case

• 47. Lynn E  |  August 15, 2010 at 9:28 pm

We could always give NOM the "fickle finger of fate" award.

• 48. Brad Larsen  |  August 15, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Views on Marriage, Gay & Straight

• 49. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Come to think of it, Laugh In is right up there with The Godfather and Casablanca for 'quotes we now use all the time and forgot where they came from'. Oh, and Python and Hitchhiker.

• 50. Felyx  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:16 pm

WHY CHRISTIAN BASED NOM-TYPE GROUPS ARE ANTI-GAY…

It recently occurred to me why these people are so rabidly anti-gay. The dubious sin of 'homo-sekshiality' is perhaps the only sin heterosexual christians have not committed and have no desire to quit.

Hmmm… makes for an easy target!

Just a thought.

PS: In retrospect I would have suggested Arisha to queer-y, "So Brian, OTHER than the dubious sin of homosexuality… name one Catholic sin you have not committed?" (Crickets…!)

• 51. Paulo  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:18 pm

perhaps the wrong place to ask but I'll take a risk and ask for forgiveness.

I live in New York State which is in a unique position of recognizing same sex marriages performed in other states (in a limited way) but currently denying the right to marry.

I am totally baffled by the impacts of state laws. DOMA is dead in Mass. and it looks like Prop8 will have been found unconstitutional in California. Come tax time what is a poor gay couple to do?

Could you run and article by your wonderfully brilliant analysts running down the tax and legal issues for a people holding jobs, licenses and assorted other documents from multiple states ?? These two legal rulings must have the tax accountants in a quandary. It sure does me!

• 52. Felyx  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Someone said quit while I was typing… the phrase should read, "…have no desire to commit." But as an afterthought, it does seem to be the only sin they can't seem to quit… harping on!

Felyx

• 53. Sagesse  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:29 pm

On this subject, the readers of the NYT make a lot more sense than Ross Douthat. It's hard to be a devout Catholic in a 21st century world where 'ideals' bear no relationship to social reality.

• 54. Lesbians Love Boies  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:41 pm

subscribing…

• 55. OldCoastie  |  August 15, 2010 at 11:47 pm

well, this morning may be entertaining… the proponents' response to the defendants' response is supposed to be filed by 9am and limited to 15 pages…

if they can keep it under 100 pages, they will be making progress…

;-)

• 56. Kate  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:07 am

Julie, can you tell me how to find it there? I went to the Scott's site, but couldn't find the video. I want to see how users of their lawn care site react to it!

• 57. Anna Bryan  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:10 am

I think NCLR has some good articles about legal and tax issues.

• 58. AndrewPDX  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:12 am

Well, he hasn't yet committed the sin of suicide.

That's a pretty big one on the list of big sins, too. I mean, since they view homosexuality as an "unfortunate" choice which needs to be "controlled' (as Maggie has described it), you can always be forgiven the sin of not-making-hundreds-of-babies… but with suicide, well, it's kinda late to repent after that.

Maybe once he's destroyed the LGBTQQIA community, his masters financial backers will have him move to attack Oregon's Assisted Suicide law.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
    Andrew

• 59. Str8 AlEye Mikael  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:22 am

It's always entertained me that all the fundies think about is sex, sex,sex. And not their own sex either! (cuz they're not getting any) They like to think about other people having sex, and pretend to be disgusted. Until, that is, you find them soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom, or some variation on that theme.

Have any gay guys ever considered trolling the social conservative lobbyist table at the Congressional cafeteria? Opportunities abound!

• 60. Str8 AlEye Mikael  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:26 am

When he starts talking about "the black thing," it's like he's wearing puppet strings that light up and glow in the dark. I know they're a lost cause, but can we once in a while ask these folks to cite their sources?

• 61. Kate  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:33 am

And did you notice how the word "Black" came out of his mouth with a pop, as though he were spitting it out? You just know that he is as much of a racist as a homophobe. If he shows up next in his Klan hood, we'll be able to spot him right away by the Scott's Lawn Care logo sewn onto it.

• 62. Steve  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:34 am

We need to let them help us by using their insane rhetoric against them. Having failed at their other attempts to justify their crusade, we see them trying to turn their efforts into a new "civil rights" movement. They think they've hit the jackpot with Alveda King because she shares MLK's DNA (but little more) and is as viciously anti-gay as NOM. Brian Brown has talked of a "march on Washington" and has all but reenacted the "I have a dream" speech. It's truly disgusting. NOM has attempted to discredit the equality movement by claiming that we have wrongfully "co-opted" the civil rights movement. They say that any parallels drawn between LGBT and black civil rights movements are insulting and offensive to black people, conveniently ignoring the fact that people like the late Coretta Scott King, Mildred Loving, Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela have all made the same comparisons. NOM foolishly believes that the average American will look upon marriage equality unfavorably if they believe those working toward it are being disrespectful to the black community and civil rights leaders of the past. But do they honestly believe that the average American will accept  that an almost exclusively white, anti-gay organization has more in common with the civil rights movement of the 1960's? Which do you think the average, rational thinking person will find more offensive? Our fight is largely about changing minds, mostly of those in the center who are unsure, undecided or indifferent about marriage equality. NOM (and others) invests much energy and money on ridiculous lies and offensive claims. Every dollar they spend on them can be a dollar spent for us. Putting a spotlight on their desperate tactics could be one of the best tools we have.

• 63. Kate  |  August 16, 2010 at 12:38 am

These are the same folks who would have stood in the school doorways alongside Lester Maddox with their axes.

• 64. ElsieH  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:01 am

Search on "Prop 8 Trial Trackers" It took me the longest time to find it too. Sorry can't help you with the other problem.

• 65. Steve  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:12 am

Evidence of what I wrote… This is from the louisjmarinelli.blogspot.com entry about speakers at the NOM tour stop in DC: "Reverend Fauntroy helped plan the March on Washington where Dr. King delivered the "I Have A Dream' speech, he is a former member of the U.S. Congress and even ran for President back in 1972."

• 66. Kathleen  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:20 am

I agree, Kate. One of the things that has become really obvious to me lately, is that all their rhetoric sounds exactly like the segregationists from the middle of the last century.

• 67. Kate  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:23 am

They even LOOK like them — this guy in particular could be Lester Maddox's brother.

• 68. Steve  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:37 am

He probably watches a lot of porn. And then pretends to be disgusted about it. Maybe it's just research…

• 69. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:41 am

They are doing exactly what Justice Ginsburg referred to in her ruling. this is the type of behavior she was talking about when she stated in a ruling that it was unconstitutional. They are trying to excuse themselves by focusing on "behavior" so that they can dehumanize us. They willfully ignore the fact that they are probably doing things that are kinkier than anything we could ever dream of, They are plainly showing their "ickiness" everywhere. This is their last gasp, and they are making the most of it.

• 70. Alan E.  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:43 am

17 minutes left and I haven't seen an email from the courts yet with a new document. Kathleen? See anything?

• 71. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:43 am

As for being able to subscribe. I cannot subscribe when I am trying to do it from my phone either. I always have to confirm the subscriptions when I get home, which could mean that I miss about 200 comments.

• 72. Kathleen  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:45 am

No. Nothing yet.

• 73. Alan E.  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:47 am

Try this link.

• 74. Alan E.  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:47 am

Click on this link instead. You will have to copy and paste the link form above otherwise.

• 75. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:48 am

Or he went to one of his favorite kink sites and saw it. these folks really make me wonder if they have any life at all. They must not have one, since they are always so miserable and trying to make us miserable. So sad.

• 76. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:53 am

For me, it is the theme from "The Twilight Zone" that is running through my head. I just can't help it. Every time we seem to move forward, we have to take three steps backward. This has got to end.

• 77. Alan E.  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:54 am

The paperwork has been filed! Waiting anxiously to read it now…

• 78. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:09 am

What color should I get? Dollar Tree has them every day. And I already have the gold glitter glue.

• 79. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:24 am

And let us now hoist a nice extra tall cup of espresso in their honor!

• 80. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:27 am

Also, Paulo, another source of information, including links to information they do not have on hand, is Rainbow Law. If you are on FB, they have a page there that has their URL. Carrie and Elisia are marvelous resources for the LGBTQQI community.

• 81. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:29 am

Here is the URL for Rainbow Law:

• 82. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:33 am

How true. I never knew their were so many different ways to say, "We have it, and we don't want to share it with the queers." These folks are truly amazing. But not in a good way.

• 83. fern  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:38 am

of course y'all know abt it but it's like I said and been saying, marriage will be there sooner than later.
    nice day to y'all.

• 84. Andrew  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:43 am

A little bit of commentary for this wonderful fellow on the topic of AIDS

"Worldwide, more than 80 percent of all adult HIV infections have resulted from heterosexual intercourse."

What about AIDS being a homosexual disease?

• 85. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:46 am

Easier to cite your sources when you actually have sources to cite, Mikael.

• 86. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:57 am

It will probably also be on his monogrammed gas can.

• 87. AndrewPDX  |  August 16, 2010 at 2:59 am

@Richard W-J… <cite>they are always so miserable and trying to make us miserable.</cite>
    Yup… Misery Loves Company.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
    Andrew

• 88. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 3:01 am

Steve, I think you have just very eloquently summed up the whole purpose of the NOM Tour Tracker. Someone posted that a full-length feature should be made from the videos the Tour Trackers have made, and I agree–this would be a wonderful thing to do. And we would have no trouble finding a distributor for it. I am quite sure that Wolfe Video would do that. After all, this would be a wonderful follow-up to the documentary "8: The Mormon Proposition," and would show how this has galvanized us across the country and around the world.

• 89. Str8 AlEye Mikael  |  August 16, 2010 at 3:09 am

Well regardless of their validity, of which their is none, I imagine he'd say "some web site" or "some thing I saw on FOX news." In addition to the simple face of irrational bigotry that this man represents, I think that what also needs to be brought to the fore are the absurdity of these peoples' source material, whatever the hateful site or news source may be. Just because you can say whatever you want on the internet doesn't mean people can't call you out on your lack of logic.

• 90. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 3:10 am

And it is also very close in actual wordage to those who opposed Susan B. Anthony during the era of the suffragist movement to help end coverture and grant women their right to vote.

• 91. Bob Greenpoint  |  August 16, 2010 at 3:18 am

the guy's teeth say it all…

• 92. fiona64  |  August 16, 2010 at 3:31 am

One of my friends says that what we resist, persists … and that she has seldom seen a more sexually obsessed group than the latest crop of young, religious fundamentalists. They have their mental chastity belts on, but are obsessed with seeing what everyone else is doing because they can't do it themselves and remain pure, I guess.

Sad but true.

Love,
    Fiona

• 93. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 4:00 am

That is why I am so glad to be part of this P8TT family. We are all about spreading happiness and joy. At least, the last time I checked, happiness and joy also love company.

• 94. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 16, 2010 at 4:12 am

This is true, Mikael. This is why they are so afraid of us. We actually have valid sources to cite, and we are secure enough to call them out on theirs. Someone earlier said that they run from the light of exposure just like cockroaches, and that is so true. They are unable to withstand the harsh light of scrutiny and run from it every time. And when they do produce their sources those sources are proven to be nothing.

• 95. Mandy  |  August 16, 2010 at 4:35 am

I always figured that the haters were obsessed with sex because they were never getting any good sex. Why care if other people were engaging in sodomy. Maybe if you were getting it good at home you wouldn't have the obsession or the energy to go out and share your hate with the world.

I also think that it is also about other people being happy and the haters are so unhappy they cannot stand that other people are happy. They cannot stand that there are people who love themselves even though they are different then the majority. If the haters are unhappy everyone should be unhappy and if the haters are not getting any good lovin then no one should be getting any good lovin

• 96. straightsodomite  |  August 16, 2010 at 9:17 am

As a heterosexual fan of sodomy, I wholeheartedly agree–if butt sex is their problem, they had better look at straights first, because the way it pencils out, they're the ones having most of the butt sex. Nothing about gay sodomy affects straight sodomy or vice versa; butt sex is a renewable resource. It can also be carbon-neutral, as long as you're careful about where you buy your lube.

(This message brought to you by Hetero-Butt-Sexuals for LGBT Equality. And silicone lube.)

• 97. adam  |  August 16, 2010 at 9:27 am

This is why the Right keeps winning. They keep tearing down education and boosting religion because critical thinking doesn't help them and unquestioning acceptance does. The process feeds on itself like some kind of country-destroying demon. The Right's perfect world would be one where the only education was private, expensive, and parochial; and where the non-wealthy learned nothing more than to spit out the same hate shoveled into their heads every Sunday.

• 98. Kathleen  |  August 16, 2010 at 11:42 am

LOL.

• 99. Julie Latimer  |  August 16, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Just Google Scotts Lawn Service Harrisburg, Pa, click on top link, and leave a review. :-)

• 100. You inspired today’&hellip  |  August 17, 2010 at 4:02 pm

[…] So channel John from the comments, and sign the pledge. And ask other allies- straight and LGBT- to do so, too. You can use the content we’ve posted here on the blog, like yesterday’s NOM supporter saying single-parent families are oxymorons, or the day before with the man in Harrisburg obsessed with sodomy. […]

• 101. Peter Blaise  |  August 19, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Ask these people what objections to other people's families have to do with our self-government treating all people (all taxpayers) with equal consideration.

Ask these people why our self-government should care about his beliefs and fears.

Would someone please ask these whimpering fearful crazies spewing their vitriolic hate why they think our self-government should act on their beliefs and fears against the independent activities of other people in this country.

I believe the interviewer should be as a transparent piece of glass through which we observe the interviewee, and the interviewer becomes invisible.

I know it's hard to not react and to not insert oneself ("I'm gay, I don't have aids" are irrelevant information from an interviewer, but hand over the microphone and camera for someone else to record you entering the scene and engaging the interviewee if you want to go that way.)

I'd like someone to ask functional questions, like:

What do you think our government should do?

Then be quiet and let them spin their fantasy and wave their magic wand. They might say merely, "stop gay marriages!" and not elaborate. If they are empty of details, pursue that:

Do you think our government should arrest gay people who live together and start families?

Do you think our government should take children away from gay parents and put those children up for adoption?

Do you think our government should prevent gay people from holding jobs?

Do you think our government should imprison or execute gay people — would that satisfy your demands?

Then shut up and again let them reveal their (lack of) understanding of the universe in which their fear of homosexuality runs the show, give them a platform from which to publicly think things through, let them work things out in words, and let them make a few specific statements on where they are really going with their fear superimposed on our self-government.

I'm guessing they will immolate themselves with proposals that might even later cause Brian Brown to regroup and distance himself from explicit and specific ramifications of his own actions and preaching.

Oh, and Brian Brown wise, since he protests that he is an ardent Catholic:

Ask people if they believe as he does that our government should outlaw divorce.

Ask if they believe our government should separate and prevent unmarried or divorced people from living together and starting families.

Ask them if they believe our government should take children away from divorced parents and put those children up for adoption?

These people are merely venting their fears as hate, and no one is challenging them before they go to the voting booth how they see a world in which our government takes specific actions on their fears and hate, and on their vote.

Look at Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Muslim world, look at the Taliban Militia (I know, "students with guns", how oxymoronic!), look at Iran.

Are they proposing Sharia law, are they proposing letting some equivalent interpretations as some Islamic laws run our government?

If not (and I'll bet they either distance themselves from Islam, or suddenly embrace that part of it!), what's the difference between their beliefs and actions and the Taliban Militia?

Please get them to go down this road on camera for all to see how incompetent these people are at basic thinking, how antisocial these people are, how un-American, how un-Constitutional, how inhumane these people are.

Ask them what our government should do with gay children?

Click!
    Love and hugs,
    Peter Blaise

• 102. Ronnie  |  August 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm

no no no…dopty-daddy….you're thinking of the archaic Vampires….the 21st century Vamps are good, can go out in the light, & have sparkling glitter skin… ; )
    <3…Ronnie

• 103. Richard A. Walter (s  |  August 27, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Yes, but that is exactly the group of vampires that NOMbies are–the archaic ones. After all, they are the ones who want that archaic idea of marriage in which the wife is the husband's property and has no rights of her own.

• 104. healthy eating tips  |  February 23, 2014 at 12:29 am

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your weblog.

You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some articles for your
    blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.
    Many thanks!

• 105. Sierra Madre seo on page  |  April 10, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Good response in return of this question with solid arguments and describing all on the topic of that.

• 106. Ernestine Powers  |  April 30, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I am genuinely glad to read this website posts which consists of tons of valuable information,
    thanks for providing such information.

Feel free to surf to my blog … Ernestine Powers

• 107. silver bullion  |  May 11, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    Many thaanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this
    web site.

Look into my weblog: silver bullion

• 108. bad credit loans  |  May 25, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast!
    What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
    I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

my page … bad credit loans