May 17, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
– Public Policy Polling has a new poll out of North Carolina showing, among other things, that support for marriage equality among black North Carolinians is growing and that 55% of North Carolina voters support marriage equality or civil unions (though 61% voted for Amendment 1.)
– I highlighted a story the other day out of Virginia – a qualified judge was rejected simply because he’s gay. Now a Virginia lawmaker is saying he rejected the judge because “sodomy is not a civil right.”
– Israel’s Knesset voted down a marriage equality bill.
– The boxer who was reported as saying that gays should be put to death has apologized, though the quote has been disputed.
– Reverend Jesse Jackson talks about marriage.
– The National Organization for Marriage is challenging a Florida election law.
– The Washington Blade on the impact of President Obama’s support for marriage equality.
– Today is the 8th anniversary of marriage equality in Massachusetts.