January 16, 2013
By Scottie Thomaston
– Virginia legislature confirms its first gay judge, after first rejecting him.
– Former Rep. Barney Frank on the LGBT contractors executive order.
– European court rules that religion can’t justify anti-gay discrimination.
– Ari Ezra Waldman has posted the last post in his series on the Prop 8 and DOMA cases.
– Fort Bragg does not allow same-sex spouses in their spouses’ club. The Pentagon has backed them up on their decision.
– Immigration Equality organized a visit to Senator Chuck Schumer’s office with 12 same-sex binational couples to urge him to make immigration reform LGBT-inclusive.
– Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel committed to extend benefits for gays and lesbians in the military.