Happy New Year!

Community/Meta

A very happy new year from all of us at EqualityOnTrial and the Courage Campaign. ┬áHere’s to a wonderful year filled with many victories.

-The EqualityOnTrial team (Jacob, Scottie and the Courage Campaign)

• 1. Ryan K.  |  January 1, 2014 at 9:47 am

Same to you Jacob, and everyone at EoT and TCC. Happy New Year… Can only hope that 2014 eclipse 2013 in the fight for marriage equality.

• 2. davep  |  January 1, 2014 at 10:30 am

Happy New Year, All! This past year was amazing, and our momentum is still accelerating. Let's see how much better we can make 2014!

• 3. Straight Ally #3008  |  January 1, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's some of what I'm looking forward to:

Resolution of the Utah district court case
    DeBoer v. Snyder, the federal lawsuit in Michigan
    Sevcik v. Sandoval, the Nevada case going before the 9th Circuit
    Whitewood v. Wolf, the district court trial in Pennsylvania – can't wait to read what Judge John E. Jones III writes
    The Oregon ballot initiative

• 4. davep  |  January 1, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Hey don't forget the AFER case in Virginia! It's Boies & Olson V2.0!

• 5. Stefan  |  January 1, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Also summary judgment has been requested in the West Virginia case!!!

• 6. Straight Ally #3008  |  January 1, 2014 at 9:02 pm

There are so many things to look forward to I can't keep track!

• 7. Straight Dave  |  January 1, 2014 at 9:31 pm

The Utah case (Kitchen) is now with the 10th Circuit, hearing scheduled for March 17. I'm also waiting for SCOTUS to deny the stay, which I would consider a pretty big deal, primarily for the psychological impact.

• 8. Eric Koszyk  |  January 1, 2014 at 11:09 pm

And don't forget important governor electioms in FL, MI and PA.
    Not to mention replacing an anti marriage equality gov in ME with an openly gay man!

• 9. Dann  |  January 2, 2014 at 5:28 am

And Texas Gov.! Go Wendy Davis!

• 10. Just curious  |  January 2, 2014 at 7:37 am

Where are you getting March 17?

• 11. Straight Dave  |  January 2, 2014 at 8:04 am

(courtesy of bendreyfus) http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/downloads/2014courts
    "the next argument session after the briefs are due is March 17-21"

I was doing it by memory and somehow got this burned into my brain. There may not be an official date yet, but this is where I derived my assumption from. The next open date at the 10th Circuit is May 12, which doesn't sound much like "expedited". If the hearing were to be targeted for May, there's no reason for them to rush the briefs into Feb.

So I apologize if I read too much into this.