March 21, 2014
- Maggie Gallagher, who co-founded the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) spoke to the Huffington Post‘s Lila Shapiro about marriage and the Supreme Court, among other things.
– An Arkansas marriage equality case filed in state court will be argued April 17.
– The consolidated Oregon marriage equality cases are profiled here, with a discussion about how the case may move forward.
– The Ninth Circuit has filed an order asking for briefing in Jackson v. Abercrombie the challenge to Hawaii-s now-repealed same-sex marriage ban. The appeals court is concerned about “whether the enactment of Hawaii’s Marriage Equality Act of 2013 moots these consolidated appeals.” The briefing schedule: “The opening brief is due April 25, 2014; the answering brief is due May 27, 2014; and the optional reply brief is due within 14 days after service of the answering brief.”
– The New York Times discusses bisexuality.
Thanks to Kathleen Perrin for these filings