Monkey Man emerges on NOM “Judge Bus” tour: Just when you thought it couldn’t get any crazier…

NOM Exposed NOM Tour Tracker-Iowa Right-wing Videos

By Arisha Michelle Hatch

Cedar Rapids would have been like any other stop on the Judge Bus Tour — 18 NOM supporters and approximately 11 equality supporters greeted the Judge Bus.

But then we met Randy Crawford.

I’ve interviewed a lot of bigoted NOM supporters over the last four months — Dr. Alveda King in Atlanta, Larry Adams an Indianapolis (the man who carried a sign stating that the “solution for gay marriage” was lynching), and Dave Davidson from Des Moines (who worried that if same-sex was marriage legal, people might marry goats).

But Randy Crawford stands out in my mind as the most memorable.

He seems like he’s straight out of the Westboro Baptist Church. He’s so off the reservation, that it’s difficult to decide whether to laugh or cry. He’s exactly the kind of supporter that NOM doesn’t want you to see. NOM would argue that they didn’t create or condone a man like Randy, which may be true; but they’re also not doing anything to change his mind. This tour only adds fuel to his fire.

He’s Brian Brown’s and Maggie Gallagher’s unpolished advocate, who apparently didn’t receive the NOM talking points about politically-correct hate.

Look in the mirror Brian and Maggie — this is your supporter:

UPDATE:

Turns out he’s more than just a NOM supporter. He’s, er, quite active. Check out the reflection in the window on this official “Iowa for Freedom” video:

• 1. Lesbians Love Boies  |  October 28, 2010 at 6:49 am

mercy

• 2. Ann S.  |  October 28, 2010 at 6:54 am

Check the box.

• 3. JonT  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:02 am

• 4. Anonygrl  |  October 28, 2010 at 6:51 am

You people with the teasers about videos that we people at WORK can't look at till we get home! ARGH!

🙂

• 5. dtwirling  |  October 28, 2010 at 6:59 am

Agreed. Synopsis for those of us whose work computers are locked down to prevent video playback?

• 6. nightshayde  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:08 am

Pretty please?

• 7. JonT  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:20 am

I can try…

The 'Monkey Man' is carrying a sign that has a picture of a monkey on it, sticking it's tongue out, and IIRC the wording is something like Court Shysters, this is what the judges did to our constitution.

It was difficult to hear the audio due to the wind but this guy is just… nuts. He mentions something about going to medical school, and a classmate (a woman) tells him he need psychiatric help and recommends another woman. But he 'does some investigating' and discovered the 'Lesbian Network', who's goal is to blackmail him in some way.

He says things like 'the homos are run like the mafia and communists.' He says that the CDC confirms that homosexuals have 42 to 46 times the cases of AIDS and syphilis that 'normal people' have. That allowing homosexual marriage will unleash AIDS all over the place, etc.

He's just nuts.

As for goat boy, not sure I got what that vid was getting at, though from the reflection, it appeared he was recording the Trackers with a flipcam.

• 8. Mark M. (Seattle)  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:28 am

Thanks Jon!!

• 9. nightshayde  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:32 am

Thanks, Jon.

Why would he think any woman, lesbian or otherwise, would be interested in him (or interested in blackmailing him)?

*slow sad headshake*

• 10. JonT  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:40 am

@nightshayde: No idea… It was hard to hear sometimes, but when Arisha pressed him he said something to the effect that 'it would takes hours to explain the circumstances'.

Maybe they were trying to make him gay?

One other thing that made me chuckle – he's definitely into the gender-role thing. He said something like 'A hundred thousand years ago, the homos would stay behind and take care of the cave while the men were out hunting'. I pretty much lost it there 🙂

• 11. Rhie  |  October 28, 2010 at 8:58 am

Oi, no I really don't want to watch that. I didn't realize that people actually believed that there was a Homosexual Agenda run by an actual organization or something. I figured it was just hyperbole to scare people. Or, an overly emotional description of what they see as the end of the 50s strict gender and race separations. Seriously? This guy actually believes there is an LGBT Mafia who wants to blackmail him?!

• 12. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:44 am

Who knew the 'Homosexual Agenda'(c) was over 100,000 years old?… !!!

(Is this guy implying that homosexuality is natural and predates human civilization? does he believe in evolution?… hmmm…. )

• 13. RebeccaRGB  |  October 28, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Lesbian Network

Lesbian Network? Where? I want a connection to this network! Hook me up!

Or does he mean Showtime?

• 14. Rebecca in Chicago  |  October 29, 2010 at 1:48 am

@RebeccaRGB

I'm with you- hook me up!

Too bad, maybe if there was a such thing as a "Lesbian Network," there would be better night life in Chicago for lady-loving ladies…

• 15. Lightning Baltimore  |  October 29, 2010 at 2:02 am

There are two female networks, though only one is lesbian-specific: the WAN and the LAN.

WAN = Women's Area Network
    LAN = Lesbian Area Network

• 16. Sagesse  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:06 am

Me too. I have a video to post, but I can't watch it until I get home. See, I can tease too.

• 17. Bob  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:32 am

I love your video posts Sagesse, so that's a real tease for me

• 18. Mark M. (Seattle)  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:19 am

I agree, it's just NOT fair 🙁

• 19. Kathleen  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:04 am

• 20. Bob  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:10 am

what do you mean by "He's so off the reservation,"??? he does appear to be a genuine nut case,

• 21. Rhie  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:07 am

That's what that phrase means. It means a person who is so far gone, so far away from anything resembling sense or sanity that they aren't part of the group.

• 22. Bob  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:16 am

thanks Rhie, I had to struggle to get around the other conotations of the word, learned something, not unusual here, but the basic message is (those are the people NOM attracts, NOM is a magnet for genuine nut cases) I hope they attract so many, that they finally see themselves reflected back from their audience.

• 23. Kate  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:15 am

Uh…. wasn't syphilis one of those lovely diseases that got started in humans 'cuz the heteros were literally screwing sheep and goats?????

• 24. Gregory in SLC  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:14 am

Oh My! Learn so many interesting things at this board!

• 25. fiona64  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:53 am

Yep.

Sheep, specifically.

Love,
    Fiona

• 26. Ann S.  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:56 am

It wasn't me, I swear.

• 27. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:45 am

Just so long as the sheep was female and all…

• 28. Rebecca in Chicago  |  October 29, 2010 at 2:21 am

Hahaha thanks for the humor, Papa Foma. This made me smile as I languish at work waiting for the weekend.

• 29. Ronnie  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:16 am

People like these jacknuts are all over their Destroy…I mean "Protect" Marriage Facebook page….NOM does nothing but bring out the crazies & like you said, Arisha, they add "fuel to his fire"…….<3…Ronnie

• 30. Bobw  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:25 am

The guy in the first video can't be real. He sounds totally gay for one thing.

• 31. Kate  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:28 am

He certainly does seem to have a stereotypical lisp. I wonder if he was bullied a lot for that when he was a kid in school. (Well, if he ever went to school. His having been in "medical school" may just mean that he was a janitor at such a facility.)

• 32. Chris in Lathrop  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:43 am

I'd almost say this guy's too ignorant to even be hired as a janitor, let alone attend medical school, but if Clint McCance can be elected school board member…

• 33. Mark M. (Seattle)  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:29 am

ummm…and what does gay sound like exactly?

• 34. Rhie  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:11 am

I know. I wonder that too. The married photographer for my high school had that high voice. Far as I could tell, he was completely happy married to a woman.

And, on Project Runway (totally obsessed right now) there's a guy that looks and sounds like a construction worker but is bisexual and a fashion designer.

I just hate stereotypes and labels. They really aren't necessary.

• 35. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:47 am

I don't have a lisp like this guy… does that mean I am a homosexual or not?

• 36. Lora  |  October 28, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Yeah…me thinks the gay unabomber protests too much!

• 37. Joel  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:38 am

This might help some of you who can't watch videos at work. One of our hackers where I work showed it to me:

Also, if you are using FireFox, go into the "options" under the "tools" menu" then "advanced," then "settings" and choose "no proxy".

Hope this helps a few of you…

• 38. Phillip R  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:48 am

Be careful of changing your internet settings like that.

I work in IS and turning off a setting like that would just block all of your net access.

• 39. Derick  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:00 am

Yeah, agreed. Be careful about blocking or changing proxies to view videos from work. A lot of companies consider that a terminable offense.

Just watch it from home. It's not worth getting in trouble for.

• 40. Anonygrl  |  October 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I work at a state office. I think I'd best not mess with their computer. I like not being in jail.

• 41. JonT  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:48 am

'… and choose “no proxy"'

If bypassing your company's proxy actually works, then your system and network admin should be fired for incompetence 🙂

At my last company, I had the firewall block *all* outbound access to the internet, period. The only way to get on the web was via a secure and well monitored proxy. Trying to bypass it would just have the firewall send me a bunch of alarms pointing toward the guilty machine 🙂

Just saying… 🙂

• 42. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:48 am

Some vague comment regarding gays highly represented in IT… just sayin'.

• 43. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:49 am

😉 😛

• 44. JonT  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:53 am

That's because we know all the tricks! 🙂

• 45. RebeccaRGB  |  October 28, 2010 at 12:22 pm

w00t!

• 46. Kate  |  October 28, 2010 at 7:51 am

Anything for rural folks who have very slow broadband and no better options, Joel? I'd sure love to be able to watch these with decent streaming. Or streaming at all…….

• 47. Joel  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:14 am

Not a hint, Kate, I'm sorry. But I'll ask our hacker the next time we are on shift.

• 48. Rhie  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:15 am

Kate, I use this:

It downloads Youtube videos to the computer so you can watch them from the computer full and not streaming from the internet.

• 49. Kate  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:20 am

Thank you, Rhie! I will try this.

xoxoxo
    Kate

• 50. Rhie  |  October 28, 2010 at 1:57 pm

You welcome! I hope it works for you.

• 51. Gregory in SLC  |  October 28, 2010 at 8:38 am

I watched the last video a few times…"goat man" definitely filming the interaction. I could speculate he's trying to catch courage campaign in some prosecutable act…or at least something post on their website to prove how aggressive equality supporters are….or maybe he just likes the blond woman?

Arisha..please tell/speculate more!

• 52. Sagesse  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:09 am

Video from Servicemembers United outlining the roadmap to repealing DADT in the lame duck session after the election (if the embed works).

• 53. Bob  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:00 am

thanks for that Sagesse, roadmap to repealing DADT, we got a roadmap, thanks to servicemembers united, and a timeline, clearly spelled out, sounds better than trying to follow a misguided tour, they say forget Mclame, pressure Reid Obama and the repubs that promised to vote in favour.

I like your videos Sagesse

• 54. Kathleen  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

FANTASTIC video. Everyone who cares about getting DADT repeal this year should watch this.

• 55. Gregory in SLC  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:35 am

DITTO!! Just watched. Thanks Sagesse!

• 56. Lodi Gal  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:47 am

I just watched it too. Thanks!

• 57. Bob  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:39 am

as he says the key two words this year, tough slog but it can be done,

come on guys please watch , this is a call to action, for us, if we don't follow this road map and timeline, and apply the pressure in the places suggested, to get this done, we take the blame no more pointing fingers.

• 58. Felyx  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:40 am

After reading the book, The Authoritarians I have come up with a 20 Questions Questionnaire for Brian Brown. All these questions are based on the ones found in the book and are tailored to statements made by Brian Brown. This questionnaire is tailored to Brian Brown and would not be suitable for general use!

What I find most useful about this questionnaire is that even if Brian Brown read it here prior to answering it, he would still answer as predicted (if he answered) and would be obligated (by his own principles – whatever those might be) to answer exactly as predicted! This questionnaire is actually useful as it would provide real information as to his personality and could predict how he most likely would act in many situations (as if we could not already predict that.)

The Competitive Authoritarian to Cooperative Association Scale is scored -1 for Competitive Authoritarianism and a +1 for Cooperative Association… ism. Those who could see both sides of a question can score a 0 for maybe. (Remember though, this is tailored for BB and is therefore not a neutral test.)

Here goes…

(Submission to Authority)

1. As a society, are we morally obligated to follow the Pope and our conservative religious leaders regarding the fundamental rules of marriage?

(Brian would have to answer "yes" to this. -1 for him!)

(Low fear level of the future and free-thinking)

2. Do you believe changing traditions to suit our individual needs and putting our faith in scientific achievement is improving the world and has ensured our future will be increasingly safer?

(I seriously doubt Brian would go for this wholeheartedly. "No" -1 or "maybe" 0.)

(Increased self-righteous belief in retribution, belief in censorship and need for leaders to conform to the belief system)

3. Do you believe immoral people should be punished, not rewarded, their ideas should not be promoted freely in public and that those who advance personal agendas should be removed from positions of authority?

(We could be talking about Catholic priest rapists, the Westboro Baptist Church and Antonin Scalia but I feel strongly that Brian would still say yes to this… -1 again.)

(Fair-mindedness vs prejudice in regards to minorities)

4. Do you believe that Gays and Lesbians who speak out to obtain equal rights are just as mentally healthy and spiritually moral and deserving as any other Christian?

(Ronnie would go to Salt Lake City, poop Greg's pants and send it to Eden James for verification if Brian said he agreed with this one. Super obligatory "No" to this one. -1)

(Beholding to tradition, subjugation of women and double standard)

5. Should men be the head of the household and spiritual leader of the family regardless of who makes the most income?

(Religiously obligated to answer "yes". -1.)

(Belief in individual self-determination over rigid centralized authority)

6. Do you believe that every individual is responsible for deciding what is personally appropriate and moral for themself and has the authority to pursue their own ideals like marrying the partner of their choice?

(Brian should see this as total Humanism and most likely say "No". -1 but might weasel himself up to a 0.)

(Compassion vs Punishment, Autonomy vs. Authority, Morality – as in some things are wrong even if no one or anything is being harmed)

7. If some special rights are granted, should each individual or organization be judged compassionately according to how they want to think or act so long as no one else gets harmed?

(We could be talking about special rights for the military or tax exemption for 501(c)3's but I doubt Brian will be thinking of that. At the very least, he would reject 'special rights' as grantable. "No" -1.)

(Traditionalism and the authority of traditions)

8. Do you believe that traditions and old fashioned values are always the best way for us to live our lives?

(The word 'always' should put most people off on this one. I think we should pick and choose traditions based on our needs and wants so I would score a 0. But Brian has already made statements to confirm himself a "Yes". -1)

(Future fear, morality judgement, strong central authority and a touch of megalomania)

9. Do you believe the world is becoming increasingly immoral and headed for anarchy and it is leaders like yourself that are making a tangible difference in this culture war?

(Brian lives this so a fake "no" answer would sound odd even to him… he would have to say "Yes". -1 with a bonus point for megalomania.)

(Free speech vs censorship, rejection of authority as sometimes appropriate)

10. Do you believe that those who protest dogmatic laws and eschew tradition for a more free-thinking self-determined set of personal values are to be admired for their role in changing modern society?

(This should get a "No" from Brian. -1)

What does a negative score indicate? The closer the score is to -10 the higher the 'sheeple' factor. Less independent thought, greater need for acceptance from authority figures (of one's choosing), increased ability to approve of double standards and an increased likelihood for hypocrisy backed by prejudicial ethnocentric dogmatism.

But what about power? Is Brian also a megalomaniac? Let us look at the next 10 questions to see how he scores on the probably not completely scientific Autocratic Social Superiority scale. (-1 for indicated answers, 0 for maybe or any other uncertainty and +1 for the total opposing answer.)

(Power, equality)

1. Would you base our laws on moral truths so that those who are faithful to those truths will have a greater opportunity to succeed and live happy lives? (Yes -1)

(Equality)

2. Does everyone deserve equal access to all socially recognized rights regardless of personal preferences or beliefs? (No -1)

(Above the law vs equally beholding to the law)

3. Should Christians be obligated to follow special laws protecting Gays and Lesbians and other gender minorities? (No -1)

(Power with a huge helping of self-righteousness)

4. If you had the power to correct societies ills for the benefit of the people would you feel morally obligated to use it? (Yes -1)

(Power sharing and prejudice)

5. Would you accept the participation of convicted criminals, homosexuals, amoral atheists and other undesirable individuals when making laws that we will all be obligated to follow? (No -1)

(Question of equality in material benefits)

6. In your opinion, are parents of children more deserving of better tax breaks than single people who do not bring children into the world? (Yes -1)

(Same but phrase in a 'No' format to rule out 'yes-man' answering)

7. If you had authority, would you grant, per the law, all the same benefits to federally recognized marriages of Gays and Lesbian marriages that you would give to traditional heterosexual couples? (No -1)

(Need to dominate (bully) willingness to harm others)

8. Do you have a moral imperative to promote your message regardless of what damage Gay and Lesbians claim you are causing? (Yes -1)

(Ability to empathize… as an opposite to bullying)

9. Is it important for you to understand the nature of gay discrimination and persecution and to advocate against it? (No -1)

(Need to control vs ability to work cooperatively)

10. Would you accept condom use by the non-faithful if it prevents the spread of disease and increases societies overall health? (No -1)

A negative score would give a weak to moderate indication for being a Dic-tatorial Autocrat. Such an individual is fairly selfish, above the law, power hungry, self-righteous and willing to harm others to get their own way. (An overly positive score could indicate serious self esteem issues or other zealotous traits but that is not what we are measuring here.)

So how would Brian Brown Score? I think he would be fairly high on both surveys. Not surprising though (especially as it incorporates a bit of bias). What about Maggie? I think publicly she would score high on the first but fairly low if done anonymously (or truthfully). (I seriously don't think she cares.) I read in her a far greater interest in getting paid than following the herd. (And no, I am not implying that you are a cow Maggie… cows are actually quite gentle and very generous and could care less as to who is shtupping whom!)

I know it is late to the party, but for what it is worth, those would be my twenty questions for Brian… or just about any of them.

• 59. Lesbians Love Boies  |  October 28, 2010 at 9:51 am

Love it!

• 60. Papa Foma  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:20 am

Thank you LLB. You know, I write these things and then think perhaps no one reads them because they are too long.

Love,
    Felyx

• 61. Gregory in SLC  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:35 am

I read them! Just don't always comment them : )

• 62. nightshayde  |  October 28, 2010 at 10:57 am

I read it!

• 63. Felyx  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:01 am

I love you guys!

• 64. Lodi Gal  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:02 am

I read it.

• 65. Anonygrl  |  October 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I read them. 🙂

• 66. Lightning Baltimore  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:13 am

Is Monkey Man deliberately trying to look like the well known, pre-capture police sketch of Ted Kaczynski?

• 67. Lodi Gal  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:29 am

Goat Boy and Monkey Man are unbalanced nut jobs that no one will take seriously. We can all marvel at their stupidity, but those types don't pose a danger because no one will follow them. It's the politicians and religious leaders that worry me. I've been trying to address the message makers in my community. One in particular, Pastor Tim Stevenson of Galt, holds a lot of sway. The local paper wrote a series of articles promoting him as able to answer all of life's questions with the definitive word of God. He's an arrogant bastard to say the least. All his sermons are online. Bigotry is praised in the Lord's name. I've exchanged a series of emails with him and loaned him a copy of "For the Bible Tells Me So" but am not making much headway. He discounts anything I have to say because I am a woman.

Please help. Watch part of this sermon: http://vimeo.com/15510859

Start at about the 7:00 minute mark –if you only watch 5 or 10 minutes past that point, it's enough

Email this pastor who is spreading hate. I always stress that the public at large thinks he is directly contributing to gay teen suicides and that there are certainly gay children and teens siting in his pews listening to him compare them to compulsive liars and alcoholics.

His email address is:
    Tim Stevenson

• 68. Lodi Gal  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:31 am

Sorry, the email address didn't come out.

It's tim@horizonweb.org

• 69. Richard A. Walter (s  |  October 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm

The longer they keep fighting the inevitable advance of civil and human rights, the more of these crazies will come out of the woodwork, and the crazier each of them that does come out of the woodwork will be.

• 70. Jonathan H  |  October 28, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I think that woman who was telling him to get help was actually his friend and trying to help him. He certainly strikes me as somebody who could use professional help.

I'm fascinated by this claim that back in prehistoric days the gays would stay back home. I'm just imagining lots of guys pretending to be gay so they can stay home with the women instead of hunting…

• 71. Rebecca in Chicago  |  October 29, 2010 at 2:35 am

I thought that part of the video is the crowning point of his craziness.

His ridiculous explanation about the cavemen implies a few things that you don't usually hear from these NOMbies:

A) That evolution is a real, valid scientific fact. You don't usually hear NOMbies, most of whom are of the conservative, creationist, religious variety, admit that evolution is real.
    B) That is it totally, 100% natural to be gay. If it's a result of evolution, all the more reason to believe it's innate and not something you can "cure" people of.

I wonder if his fellows are having a fit because he admitted those two points.

• 72. JonT  |  October 29, 2010 at 5:55 am

Two other things his statements pointed out as well:

C) The earth is older than 6000 years. Maybe that's part of your 'B'.

and D) Heterosexual men cannot be trusted to watch over women and children in caves while the hubby is away.

🙂

• 73. randy crawford  |  August 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

(Part 1) Just like it used to be totally normal (and healthy in evolutionary competition) in the Stone Age to be doing periodic ongoing Stone Age murders, rapes, and thefts– because they selectively (per Darwin) benefitted the cavemen doing the murders, rapes, and thefts. The tendency (per Darwin) was transmitted to their progeny, etc. etc., and eventually to the current generation, viz. us. Homosexuality used to benefit the tribes practicing it, so there was a Darwinian selective advantage in the Stone Age to those groups having a few members of the tribe set aside (per genes and environment interacting, cf. Darwin et sequelae) as homosexual harem and cave guardians.

• 74. randy crawford  |  August 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

• 75. randy crawford  |  August 6, 2011 at 2:42 pm

(Part 2) Once our species evolved to the level of agriculture and village life, murder and rape and theft and homosexuality became obsolete and illegal. But if you are a natural-born Charles Manson, bank robber, rapist, or homosexual, you don't want to renounce your Stone Age leftover genes because you are genetically programmed to derive selfish personal satisfaction from them. Does this help you develop any insight as to your inherited problems, and see how selfish you are when you inflict your inherited murdering, raping, thieving, or homosexuality upon modern civilized people? Randy Crawford August 6, 2011

• 76. randy crawford  |  August 6, 2011 at 2:43 pm

(Part 3) <<parts 1 & 2 are responses mostly to Rebecca in Chicago, but the system isn't sending them correctly no matter which reply button I use. Also, Jonathan is perceptive in understanding that next (once homosexuality evolved) there was a selective advantage in faking being homosexual as a ruse to get to the harem and avoid the mortality of hunting and combat. That tendency gave rise to deception, acting, bisexuality, and double-talking politicians. Re Jon T: the earth is indeed older than 6,000 years, and a healthy wise heterosexual guy isn't going to leave another healthy cunning heterosexual guy alone with his wife or daughter either today or thousands of years ago. Civilized guys can control their heterosexual or homosexual lust, but there are many uncontrolled ape boys out there who can't control their lust for any kind of sex, murder, rape, or stealing. That's why laws were invented, and a lot of religion was a primitive beginning form of law. Hint example: the ten commandments. Randy Crawford Aug. 6, 2011

• 77. Ronnie  |  October 28, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Speaking of NOM bringing out the Crazies…..took a look at NOM's Protect Marriage: One Man, One Woman Facebook Page…..here is some special crazy from 2 of their regulars…its only been up for 2 hours so more will add onto it…..

Bonnie Parker ~ Accepting SSM will destroy America!!! In a perfect world Conservatives will run this country again and there will be a homosexual re education center on every corner!
    about an hour ago · Comment · Like · Flag

(me) So Brian Brown is that what NOM stands far?…following in Hitler's footsteps are you?……Bonnie Parker has repeatedly posted on that page that Homosexuals should be shipped to Uganda…..Brian Brown why are you allowing Genocide supporters comment on your page…

Dustin Brian Lee Tenney ~ "You mean right next to every Starbucks? That's a great idea."
    about an hour ago · 1 person ·

(me) Bonnie Parker is the one who liked it…….again, Brian Brown, why are you allowing your followers to publicly advocate physical force & dictatorship over the American people who do not live their lives how you demand they do?….you are not really winning in the humanity department with your Fascist smoke screened "murder & violence" advocating Facebook page…..Is that what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. stood for? "reeducation" centers?……..NO…HE….DID….NOT!!!!!….

: / …..Ronnie

• 78. Ronnie  |  October 28, 2010 at 1:09 pm

P.S….Brian Brown, I saved it on my portable hard-drive as a screenshot…evidence of what your un-American homophobic Fascist sheeple really want…"protect" marriage?…..HA…HA….HA HA HA HA!!!!….yeah ok…..<3…Ronnie

• 79. Janet  |  October 28, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Thank you for coming to Pella on Thursday. I did, finally, get my question answered by Bob Vander Platts after asking it 3 times. The question: Since the passage of the"Same Sex Marriage" law, a year and a half ago, how has it personally affected you?

In the end, Vander Platts answered, "Has it affected me personally? No, it hasn't. I said, "thank you".

Meantime, I had an elderly woman grab me by the arm and proceed to talk over both myself and Vander Platts.

Was King on that bus on not? I know you heard that woman who was listening to our conversation, loudly, butt in to say he was campaigning in Iowa somewhere.

I think the supporters were pissed that I used up all of their hand shaking time. They were on that bus before they had a chance to cross the street to visit the bakery.

Thanks again.

• 80. DC Hart  |  October 29, 2010 at 1:17 am

Please do not refer to "Dr." Alveda King. She does NOT have an earned doctorate and the use of the honorific is misleading.