Paul Katami, Jeff Zarrillo, and Kate Kendell discuss yesterday’s Prop 8 trial hearing

Prop 8 trial Videos

Two videos to share this morning. One is by AMERICABlog’s Joe Sudbay, who was in SF yesterday and caught up with two of the plaintiffs in Perry v. Brown yesterday:

The second is a rather amusing one from NCLR’s Kate Kendell. Go Kate!

Update: A transcript of yesterday’s hearing provided by AFER courtesy of Kathleen in the comments.

• 1. Ғĕłỹҳ  |  June 14, 2011 at 9:17 am

If this case were to somehow get to the Supreme Court I can only imagine the irony of Clarence Thomas ruling on a conflict of interest case!

• 2. Carpool_Cookie  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

That WOULD be interesting…though we might not get the full effect because I think I read Thomas has never spoken from the bench in all his years there….has he? (Maybe he'd call in sick that day.)

• 3. David Henderson  |  June 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm

He has not spoken during oral arguments for over 5 years now, but he had spoken before then (albeit not very frequently).

• 4. Sagesse  |  June 14, 2011 at 9:34 am

Subscribing to watch later.

• 5. Kathleen  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:12 am

Transcript of yesterday's hearing available from AFER: http://www.afer.org/legal-filings/hearing-transcr

• 6. Carpool_Cookie  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

Thanks, Kathleen : )

• 7. Bob  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:24 am

ahh,,, all's right in my world again,,,,, thanks for the transcript Kathleen,,,,,

• 8. Sagesse  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

Thanks Kathleen. Will read with great interest. The live blogging and twitter feeds are timely and great, but the verbatim back and forth picks up things that a precis can't.

• 9. Str8Grandmother  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

Really enjoyed the Kate Kendell video as I wait for the decision.

• 10. Gregory in SLC  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:32 am

Now there are 2 P8TT Kates I love and find FABULOUS!

• 11. Carpool_Cookie  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:55 am

I think it was decided long, long ago that Kate really is the best name ever. Katharine Hepburn just cinched it. And what could be a cuter nickname than "Kitty"??

• 12. Gregory in SLC  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:59 am

at mention of that Kate makes me want to watch On Golden Pond and African Queen" …ahhh…

• 13. Ann S.  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:08 am

Kathleen has asked me to try posting this link to the hearing transcript for your reading pleasure: linky.

• 14. Gregory in SLC  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

got both! (from Kathleen and Ann's) thx ladies : D

• 15. Jon  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:55 am

Heh. I'm sure defendants here would vociferously insist their objection wasn't that the Judge was gay but that his ruling benefited him personally by letting him marry. The tiny problem with that of course is that it pretty much concedes plaintiff's case. If it makes a serious difference whether you can get married, then you're a second class citizen if you can't. If it makes no serious difference, then the Judge could hardly be swayed by it or viewed to be swayed by it. So NOM has to make up their minds here: which is it?

• 16. Ronnie  |  June 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Can't wait to watch these videos….I just got home from NYC & I'm trying to catch up….subscribing & sharing….<3…Ronnie:

Cynthia Nixon and Sean Avery in Albany to Lobby for New York Marriage Equality: Video http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/nixonavery.html

• 17. Sheryl, Mormon Mom  |  June 14, 2011 at 11:18 pm

So good to have you back with us, Ronnie.

• 18. Ann S.  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:44 pm

§

• 19. Alan E.  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:03 am

Great seeing you yesterday!

• 20. Ann S.  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:43 pm

It was great to see you, too, Alan! I hope Brandon is feeling better!