The votes are in: the new “Stop SB48” video gets a resounding “thumbs down”

FAIR Education Act

By Ana Beatriz Cholo

When I watched the new Stop SB48 video ad yesterday, I noticed it had five likes, seven dislikes and about 100 views. I became the eighth person to give it a “thumbs down.” I posted it on Courage’s Facebook page and tweeted about it.

For obvious reasons, it touched a nerve.  After all, this is an offensive video that’s chock full of lies. Some people, disturbed after watching it, made the comment that perhaps we should ignore it and not publicize it.

Wrong answer.

We need to do all we can to expose the likes of Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel in Chino Hills. He and his ilk are not shying away from what they are doing. Hibbs’ role is clear:  he’s the shepherd tending to his sheeple. His job is to scare his flock into believing that the world might just end if schoolchildren get an inkling that – shudder – Walt Whitman was, in fact, gay, or that for the first time in history, gay individuals fought back against discriminatory, government-sponsored raids in 1969. This, of course, sparked the gay rights movement globally during the Stonewall Riots.

In turn, our job is to educate our friends and neighbors on how the FAIR Education Act is not about indoctrinating kids to a gay “lifestyle” or teaching kids to “become” gay. And isn’t it so bizarre that the bigots are, in ways subtle and not, always obsessing about sex?

Anyway, what the new law does is free up teachers to teach history in an accurate and comprehensive manner. For example, under the new law, they would now be able to include a lesson on Harvey Milk in the civil rights unit without getting any backlash like they have in the past.

Ignoring the haters won’t make them magically go away. We need to expose them for who and what they are. Let’s not let them get away with this stuff.

Oh, and while you’re here, can you go ahead and give this hateful little video a thumbs down? Thanks!

Here’s the email we sent out to our members this morning:

——

Ana:

It’s like Prop 8 all over again. The Stop SB48 campaign — the folks trying to erase LGBT people from California’s history books — are up with their first online ad, which you can see on the right. Just as we expected, it’s filled with the same misleading lies that our opponents used to pass Prop 8. We can’t let this stand.

We need your help to respond ASAP. Can you chip in NOW to help us fight back?

It’s an understatement to say that the ad about SB 48 — the FAIR Education Act — is offensive. Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel in Chino Hills (where I grew up) does a spectacular job of twisting the law’s true intent — to be respectful and inclusive of LGBT contributions throughout history. Here are just a few choice quotes from the ad:

“The indoctrination of our children regarding gay and lesbian, transgender lifestyles and practices as it relates to state history, as it relates to US history, and as it relates to our own economy…This new teaching, frankly, comes against the very ministry of Jesus Christ, the word of God, and you and I.”

“If we don’t stop it, this will be the indoctrination of our children, on our watch…There’s no opting out for your student, they must take this course, there’s no getting away from it.”

You and I know better. Folks like Equality California and the Gay-Straight Alliance Network worked hard to pass the FAIR Education Act to make the curriculum more inclusive — inclusive of movements like the push to repeal “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and the Stonewall Riots. Inclusive of gay and lesbian figures like Billie Jean King, Walt Whitman, Bayard Rustin and Harvey Milk. But if we don’t get that word out, their lies will seem like truth.

America is made stronger by telling the story of all Americans: black, Latino, gay, straight, Jewish, Christian, Muslim. We are all part of the powerful fabric that builds our nation. Pretending that some of us don’t exist is not the American way.

Click here to watch their video, and chip in to respond today… before their lies start to stick.

Thanks for all you’re doing,

— Arisha Hatch, National Field Director, Courage Campaign

Tags: , ,

• 1. Martin Pal  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:15 am

The lies have started! We must call these people out on their lies in some way that sticks. I think these people are Un-American. They don't see a world of inclusiveness–for liberty and justice for all–they use fear tactics to divide and conquer. If these people truly were concerned for their children, they wouldn't use them as pawns in political and religious arguments.

• 2. Ronnie  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:20 am

Subscribing & sharing……. This is how parents REALLY love their child…..

“Mommy, they are just like me.” http://getstooobsessed.tumblr.com/post/9004061623

<3…Ronnie

• 3. Alan_Eckert  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:01 am

I love love LOVE this story! The best part is that the parents don't give a label to their kid and let him come to that conclusion.

• 4. Ronnie  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:03 am

There is a follow up to her tumblr post & a piece on Out.com/Popnography.com…….

20,000? Really? Really! http://getstooobsessed.tumblr.com/post/9028468111

"The love and acceptance is breathtakingly beautiful, and I cannot even begin to express how lovely it has been to read everyone’s comments and messages."

A Mother Considers The Effect Her Post About Her (Possibly) Gay Son Has Had http://www.popnography.com/2011/08/a-mother-consi

Here is an excerpt:
    "I can handle the negative comments. People say my kid is way too young to be watching the show. I shouldn't be writing about my kid when he's so young. My jokes are in really poor taste. I can look at all those objectively and agree they have a point (even if I don't always agree with it.)

What I can't handle are 100s of people saying they wish I was their mom. 100s more telling me I deserve awards. And worse, people claiming I am a perfect parent.

I am just not that cool.

I work hard to be a good mom, but I'm not even in the top 25 of the moms I know. I'm that annoyingly loud mom. I've never even attempted to keep a baby book. I ska dance with my husband in the middle of stores when I get bored and make my kids want to die with embarrassment. And that's just the beginning.

But here are all these people online talking about how great I am. And what did I do? I said I unconditionally love my kid. Is that so rare people need to go out of their way to talk about how cool it is? I didn't think so, but now I am beginning to wonder.

Because the part that really breaks my heart are those messages in my inbox. The ones from kids whose parents have evidently failed at the most important part of parenting: Actually loving their kid. The notes are simple and devastating, and almost always end the same way: thanking me for loving my own child."

(me) She is so humble…… A REAL loving mom…… <3…Ronnie

• 5. 415kathleenk  |  August 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm

ij just got the time to read this link. FIrst it made me smile. Then it made me teary eyed

• 6. Alan_Eckert  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:04 am

There is also an update to the story in another post:

• 7. MarcosLB  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Thank you Ronnie! This reminds me of my friend Steve's parents, who upon hearing him stress over finding a girl to take to the prom: "Oh honey, you don't have to worry about that, you're gay." And that was thirty five years ago.

• 8. AnyaAngie  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:51 pm

What an inspiration to all parents, Ronnie… I am sure her son will grow up healthy and happy, because he is so loved. Whether he's gay or straight, it doesn't matter; love is better than hate. I actually teared up reading her posts.

My brother worries about homosexuality to the extreme. When my second sister-in-law (he cheated on his first wife and then got married several years later to someone else… how's that for hypocritical?) was pregnant, when my brother hoped for a boy and they were discussing names, my sis-in-law said she liked the name Tristan. My brother refused it outright cause "it sounds gay." He also refused purple curtains in the nursery because they "looked gay. They can go in the guest room though." This was before they knew the gender of the baby (ended up a girl).

It irked me to no end hearing his words. I'm like, "A name and a color doesn't make a person gay or straight." I'm a straight girl, and my favorite color is blud; I HATE pink LOL!

I know if he ever had a gay child, he would never support them. I was reading Scott Hamilton's first biography when I stayed with him for a weekend, and he asked, "Isn't he gay?" I stared at him and said, "No. What made you think that?" He couldn't answer. I relayed the passage in the book (Landing It) in which he discusses his opinions on homosexuality. Originally, Scott was anti-gay, until he realized that many of his former coaches/choreographers, the people who made him the national/international icon he is, were gay. He knew he had to change his opinion on homosexuality and the LGBT community when he came to the quandry: When they come to see me at Stars On Ice, what am I supposed to do? Never talk to them again? (paraphrasing but that's the gist of the passage)

When I told my brother this, he said, "I'd have never talked to them again." I said, "Really? If these people made you the great person you are, you'd never talk to them because you found out they were gay?" He said "Hell yes."

As much as I'd like to see him taught a lesson by having a gay child, I know that the poor kid would be the one to suffer, so I hope it never happens. This mom… she's a rare find, as sad as it is to say that.

• 9. Bill S.  |  August 19, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Uh I think somebody's gay (or at least questioning), and it ain't his kid.

• 10. AnyaAngie  |  August 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I think so too. *sigh*

• 11. David  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:54 am

If there is a video it's a well kept secret. I can't find a link to it anywhwere. Did they take it down?

• 12. Adam Bink  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:57 am

It's posted in Ana's piece now.

• 13. Alan_Eckert  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:58 am

"It’s like Prop 8 all over again."

It's like Anita Bryant again.

• 14. AnaBeatriz  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:05 am

Sorry I didn't embed the video!! I'm still learning the ways of the blogging world :-). Thanks for your patience.

• 15. Mark M. (Seattle)  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:11 am

Lesbian Bride Rejected By Bridal Salon: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/lesbian-

• 16. Marlene  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:28 am

Ana — You forget, like many others do (and not on purpose!), that there was a similar incident back in September, 1966 in San Francisco, where a number of drag queens and street queens rioted at a Compton's Cafeteria in the Tenderloin District after being harassed and bullied by the SFPD.

The incident was the genesis of the first ever trans support network, and had as one of its directors, the liaison from the SFPD to the TLBG community.

• 17. What Kinder, Gentler Anti&hellip  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:04 pm

[…] part of an email form the good folks at the Courage Campaign, via Prop 8 Trial Tracker: It’s an understatement to say that the ad about SB 48 — the FAIR Education Act — is […]

• 18. Mark  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Well, I was the 336th dislike…there were only 14 likes…

• 19. Chris in Lathrop  |  August 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I'm dislike number 380, plus I flagged the video as inappropriate, referred "Pastor" Hibbs back to John 8:7, Matthew 22:21, and the United States Constitution, Amendment I, and reminded him about his 501(c)3.

• 20. Sagesse  |  August 19, 2011 at 8:14 pm

"Ratings are now disabled on this video."

• 21. _BK_  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Well, there are 448 dislikes vs 15 likes. I can't wait until my conservative relatives in California bring this video up… they attend a Calvary Chapel.

• 22. Rich Doran  |  August 20, 2011 at 11:20 am

bummer. I wanted to be the one thousandth thumb down…

• 23. B&E  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I thought you folks out in Cali had ran all the evangellical nut jobs out of State. After hearing this guy speak I was sure he was from right here in Nashville, TN. I hate to hear these lies come from the church. It sickens me.

• 24. Steve  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Not all of California is SF. The more rural areas are pretty conservative

• 25. Chris in Lathrop  |  August 19, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Even "smaller" urban areas like Stockton and Modesto (my neighbors, north and south) with populations over 200,000 are pretty darn conservative.

• 26. AnyaAngie  |  August 19, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Bah, lies come from the church all the time…

"Immaculate conception… virgin birth…"

"It rained 40 days and 40 nights and encompassed the whole world (killing everyone/everything except 1 family and 2 of every animal… so basically we're all inbred if we're all decended from 1 family LOL and so are the animals hahahaha IF the flood encompassed the whole world which I doubt; the ppl who wrote the Bible knew nothing about the Western Hemisphere! *WINK*)"

Talking snakes, apples being the key to knowledge, God destroying "evil" cities for being "ungodly," a strongman who lost his strength when his hair was cut…

It's all just mythology, and what is mythology but fictional stories (LIES) created to explain the (AT THE TIME) "unexplainable?"

Today's religion is tomorrow's folklore and mythology.

People didn't even know dinosaurs existed until there was scientific proof. Some Christians think dinosaurs and man CO-EXISTED and were killed by the flood! Now really, if God told Noah to get 2 of EVERY animal, shouldn't he have gotten dinos too? But he couldn't because they were ALREADY EXTINCT for 65+ million years!

Somebody's been watching The Flintstones too much.

• 27. Jen  |  August 22, 2011 at 11:42 am

some mythology you call there– science and the bible intervenes one another. Sorry but evolution definitely doesn't have science's back.

• 28. AnonyGrl  |  August 22, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Science and the bible contravene (or are counter to) one another. Intervene means to come between, so something could intervene between science and the bible, but it would require a third "thing" to come between the two.

Evolution doesn't have science's back? Evolution IS science.

Perhaps you could clarify what you meant?

• 29. AnyaAngie  |  August 23, 2011 at 6:49 am

HAHA Anony 😀 I LOVE YOU! *snuggles*

I was thrown off by that word too, but I replied anyway to further clarify my point… since it's obvious she didn't get mine originally.

• 30. AnyaAngie  |  August 23, 2011 at 6:35 am

Man doesn't have all the answers, that's why people believe in mythology/religion, because they answer the as yet unanswered questions. You're forgetting the myth about Demeter and Persephone which explains why the seasons came about. Now we know that the Earth's orbit and revolution are to blame. If we have ALL the answers, there would be no need for such myths.

They're still great stories though, but that's all they are, just stories. And sometimes stories from ancient cultures resemble each other. Every culture seems to have a myth about a "great flood" as an apocolyptic event. Atlantis, (according to some versions of the story), Gilgamesh, Noah… The myth of Pandora claims that women are responsible for evil being brought into the world (sound familiar or do you need to re-reas Genesis?)…

My personal favorite is Cupid & Psyche, btw.

• 31. 415kathleenk  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm

THis is Prop 8 2.0 Prop 6 again, Anita Bryant deja vu. It's the same shit, different year. I was dislike 375- the 'noes' have it!! i am pretty hopeful we can defeat this nasty ill conceived bit of church/ state politicking. Even if the fundies haven't changed, the world and the state of California has changed and is changing.
    THey dont have a whole lot of time for one thing.
    B&E- nope, we still have a slew of folks like this- mostly in SoCal i am happy to say. Nocal, where i live is not as hospitable:)

• 32. Fr. Bill  |  August 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I'm a priest and this video troubles me not only politically but theologically. It is about as far from the life and teachings of Jesus as you can get. We have these fundamentalists here in Hawaii – another unwanted invasion from the mainland. They are as relentless and tyhey are misinformed.

• 33. AnonyGrl  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Indeed! And we have to keep saying so. We are unlikely to convince the fundamentalists (although, occasionally, one wakes up and starts to think for themselves) but we can educate others around them.

It is a not very fun part of this battle, but a vital part.

• 34. _BK_  |  August 20, 2011 at 6:48 am

Even though I'm UU, I still attend a Bible study held by my conservative friends. I'm hoping to open the eyes of a few of them. It's a strange situation, and it requires a ton of patience, but I hope it will be made worth the effort.

• 35. Kathleen  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm

This bill impacts groups other than just lgbt people. For example, quoted from here: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0

"Existing law requires that when adopting instructional materials
    for use in the schools, governing boards of school districts shall
    include materials that accurately portray the role and contributions
    of culturally and racially diverse groups including Native Americans,
    African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, European
    Americans, and members of other ethnic and cultural groups to the
    total development of California and the United States.

This bill would revise the list of culturally and racially diverse
    groups to also include Pacific Islanders, lesbian, gay, bisexual,
    and transgender Americans, and persons with disabilities."

I think it would be wise to reach out to Native American groups and people with disabilities to get advocates within these other communities to publicly support SB48 and join in the effort to stop this initiative.

• 36. AnyaAngie  |  August 19, 2011 at 9:14 pm

A friend of mine is full-blooded Navajo, and she has a 16-year-old daughter (half-white not that that matters…). In school, her daughter was taught something in history, and she quickly pointed out the inaccuracy of it. The teacher didn't believe her and demanded to know her proof. When she cited her mother, the teacher said snootily, "I'll have to do some checking on that."

It's really strange. We're taught in elementary school about George Washington chopping down a cherry tree, Paul Revere making a historic midnight ride to warn the Colonists that the British were coming… and other such falsehoods. Then the teachers who teach this stuff get upset when they hear about their mistakes and when they are ORDERED to portray history correctly?!

• 37. Bob  |  August 21, 2011 at 8:03 pm

brilliant strategy,,,, outreach to Native American groups,,, and other minorities (thinking of you Kathleen, as the trial date approaches)

• 38. AnyaAngie  |  August 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Yes, it is important for people to know what this bill actually includes. It isn't just the LGBT history, but other groups as well.

• 39. Infinitewisdom  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm

guys like this guy do not represent any religion or indoctrination that I would ever condone. Children of people like this clown commit suicide because they are not accepted. This guy is the antithesis of Christianity. Jesus looked down his nose at nobody. He discriminated against nobody. He preached peace and love of they neighbor. Men wrote the bible, men write the sermons, men decide how we should think and act. I am a woman who gave birth to a gay daughter that I am proud to say is an amazing human being. She was never taught by me to dislike herself or be anything other than who she was. She suffered at the hands of societal contraints against her gayness. For that I'll always be sorry, but there would be no self-loathing or suicide on my watch. She is one of God's children and he loves her at least as much as I do. They can all go to hell for the poisonous hatred they spew. And I'll make sure I'm on the front line in support of our Governor and our teachers to teach inclusive history to our children. God Bless the children and God Bless all those who love and respect them enough to let them be the beautiful people they are. Amen!

• 40. Alyson  |  August 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm

You go fierce mama! We need many many people like you to turn this around.

Thx!

• 41. AnyaAngie  |  August 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Amen indeed.

Angels & Demons hit the nail on the head: "Religion is flawed. But that is only because MAN is flawed."

• 42. FlexSF  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:41 pm

This is fucking insane. We've been here already. Would someone please sue in court to stop this bullshit from going forward. I refuse to shovel money into a campaign that has to defend against unabated, obsessive hate. It is time to punch a bigot in the face.

• 43. Mark  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I thought the Westboro Baptist Church was in Kansas…looks like we have a Fred Phelps right here…in Chino Hills.

• 44. AnonyGrl  |  August 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Sadly, Phelps is just the guy who caught the media's attention. There are more of them, tucked in all over the country, who don't get the air time, but who preach just as much hate to their congregants.

• 45. DaveP  |  August 19, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Just posted a comment on you tube with an example of the real purpose of SB48. (I'm 'thedavep2").

• 46. Mark  |  August 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm

15 likes to 428 dislikes…looks like this video is going down in flames…

• 47. Ted Hayes  |  August 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Dear God! Anita Bryant in a male body. (His grammar isn't too good either.) "Save the Children!" Sheesh!

• 48. AnonyGrl  |  August 19, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I got in the very last thumbs down (I was 448) and when I went back to see what number I was, ratings have been disabled, and all comments removed. Huh.

• 49. Ronnie  |  August 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

"ratings have been disabled, and all comments removed."……..I am shocked…SHOCKED!!! I tell yah… not really… so immature… so pathetic… so FAIL……………(rolls eyes) … 8 / …Ronnie

• 50. Neil  |  August 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm

So… any chance we could petition YouTube to either force the comments to be re-enabled or take the video down? I mean, this is rhetoric being spread, and without anyway to post the facts… isn't there some form of shouting fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire rule applicable here?

• 51. AnonyGrl  |  August 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Well, it is still possible to flag the video as hateful or abusive. I did that too.

• 52. Neil  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Yeah, should've thought of that first.

• 53. Mark  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:01 pm

EVERYONE…click on Flag this video, then select "Hateful Content"…if enough of us do this (since it IS hateful), they may remove this video

• 54. DaveP  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Done. I also went to the website of this 'church' and clicked on CONTACT US and sent them a rather scathing email. Feel free to do the same.

• 55. veritasfiles  |  August 19, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I second the call to go the the video and FLAG it as "Hateful Content."

Initially, I did not go as far as others to say it should be flagged, because we were having a dialogue and getting the facts out. However, they forced our hand by silencing our voice when they removed comments.

This kind of hate speech, veiled as religious talk or political activism, cannot stand unchecked.

• 56. Jim  |  August 19, 2011 at 11:48 pm

A great idea. To FLAG this, click on the Flag; then sign into your Gmail/Google account; then click the reason for your flagging as HATEFUL and click on SEXUAL ORIENTATION as the category of hate.

HATE based on SEXUAL ORIENTATION violates the policies of YouTube, which is part of Google.

• 57. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 1:01 am

Done. I also pointed out that they had disabled and deleted unfavourable ratings, and deleted and disabled comments.

• 58. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 1:57 am

This Virginia Marriage Project feels subtly NOM-like, beneath its veneer of civility. Anyone know more about them?

National Marriage Project: 'Why Marriage Matters' Study Says Cohabitating Parents Do Kids Harm

And a reply.

Parents Choose Cohabiting Over Marriage

• 59. AnyaAngie  |  August 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm

My comment has nothing to do with LGBT issues but I was compelled to post this by that post.

My friend Emily was in court with a mediator and her ex-boyfriend, the father of one of her 2 kids. The mediator made a comment saying that they should have gotten married before having children/living together because it was "immoral" to do the other way around. Emily told her, "What difference does it make if we got married or not? We'd still be in front of you because he (her ex) is an ABUSIVE ASSHOLE!"

She wants to sue the courthouse for harrassment *grin*

• 60. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 8:48 am

Rarely does Brian Brown get to make his comments in front of a live audience that he didn't invite. At one point they actually laugh at him.

Fox News' John Stossel Challenges Brian Brown On Gay Marriage

Oh, and there's more…

NOM's Brian Brown Says Gay Marriage Will 'Normalize Pedophilia'

• 61. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:20 am

NOM: Homosexuality Will “Hurt You Badly,” “End Your Life Prematurely”

• 62. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:34 am

NOM: Bachmann Was Right For Calling Homosexuality “Enslavement,” Should Speak Out Against Gay Sex

• 63. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:52 am

And from Tony Perkins

"More importantly, this is the same Tony Perkins whom every major cable news network still turns to for political commentary without ever mentioning FRC's hate group status.

What will it take for networks like Fox, MSNBC, and CNN to stop treating Tony Perkins like a credible source of conservative commentary and start treating him like the hate-monger that he really is?"

FRC’s Perkins: “It Gets Better” Project Tries To “Recruit” Kids Into “Lifestyle” Of “Perversion”

• 64. Bob  |  August 20, 2011 at 8:49 am

The truth is seldom liked when you refuse to admit it! Dislike all you want it won't change the truth.

• 65. Mark  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:12 am

I wish I could dislike all I want…but the cowards that posted this VILE video disabled that ability because the OVERWELMING response was dislike and contempt…in the end, the truth WILL win out…just because they silenced the voting does not mean that people will like the message…bring back the option to comment and vote, and YOU will see…once again, as ALWAYS, the bigots are playing unfair when opinions do not go their way

• 66. AnyaAngie  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

What truth? Whose truth? Different denominations of Christianity have very different ideas of truth, so you can't say "God's truth," because then my response would be "WHOSE God? Yours, or mine, or someone else's? A Catholic God, Orthodox Christian God, Jewish God, Hindu God, Protestant God (in which case I, as Catholic, would call you a HERETIC), Episcopalian God, Evangelical God, Agnostic God, Mystic God (you've heard of the mystics haven't you? the group who includes 30+ authentic gospels, not just the 4 forgeries?), Baptist God, Methodist God, Amish God, Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese, Aztec?"

DeMille oddly hit the nail on the head I think when he wrote the character of Rameses…

"You prophets and priests MADE the gods SO THAT YOU MAY PREY UPON THE FEARS OF MEN."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "No two Christian denominations seem to agree on EVERYTHING 100% of the time."

Unless you want this country to go through what Northern Ireland went through for almost five hundred years and counting, get your church OUT of POLITICS.

• 67. Bob  |  August 21, 2011 at 8:00 pm

well said!! guess bob will have to identify his God,,,,, Bob from Canada (war of the gods, really any screen writers out there) the Rainbow Tirbe has awoken,,, and sheeple everywhere are trembling

• 68. JonT  |  August 21, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I think you have the wrong 'bob' Anya…

There is 'Bob' – otherwise known as Canada Bob. A friend and compatriot.

Then there is 'bob' – I refer to him as 'Evil bob'. A standard-issue clueless knuckle dragger. Perhaps that's the bob who you are thinking of?

• 69. AnyaAngie  |  August 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Ohhhh I see the difference LOL I just thought "Evil bob" finally got his education in proper spelling of his own name (meaning the capital letter) LOL Sorry CanadaBob *blush* Thanks for clarifying JonT 🙂

Yes, bob (Evil Bob ROFL) should identify his god, and Bob (CanadaBob :)) has a nice idea for that screenplay LOL *grin* I'm up for working on that haha even though I write prose rather than screenplays 🙂

Shows how new I am here if I get two Bobs mixed up. Eesh, sorry guys! LOL I know I'll never be able to live that down LMAO. But hopefully GoodBob (CanadaBob, whichever you prefer *wink*) won't be upset LOL.

*facepalm* Eesh what a moron I am sometimes LOL I guess I got a bit carried away up there 🙂 I'm so embarrassed I just ended up deleting the post altogether haha.

• 70. AnyaAngie  |  August 23, 2011 at 6:40 am

Exactly! Haha I'm not a screenwriter, but I'd love to write something like that 🙂 That sounds like fun!

• 71. bob  |  August 20, 2011 at 10:15 am

Oh please… The only reason there were so many dislikes and comments is that the sheeple followed the call!

Yes the truth will win out and you will not like it!

• 72. Ronnie  |  August 20, 2011 at 10:49 am

OTIO……. 8 / …Ronnie

• 73. AnonyGrl  |  August 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm

The truth is that rampant homophobia is being seen for the bigotry it is.

That truth will certainly win out, and I do like it.

• 74. Sagesse  |  August 20, 2011 at 11:27 am

Couples file appeal in Minnesota same-sex marriage lawsuit
    Minnesota Atheists, Minnesota Family Council file briefs as well

• 75. Rich Doran  |  August 20, 2011 at 11:29 am

I really am getting tired of their default message… "Save the children".. I say if we need to save the children from anything it's messages of bigotry and hatred from these people..

• 76. AnyaAngie  |  August 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

In my writing, my main protagonist didn't want to tell his son about his uncle's homosexuality, and didn't even want him alone with him. All it took was a dream, in which the protagonist experienced a day in the life of his brother, with discrimination, hate and fear spewed at him, without knowing that he was in his brother's life, for him to realize what he was doing to his brother and his son. (the link actually explains better than I can)

Suffice it to say that he came to the realization that he has to support his brother; his brother gets enough criticism from strangers, he doesn't need it from family too. And he also realizes it is wrong to keep his son from spending time alone with his uncle, and tells him the truth about his uncle's relationship with his "friend."

I think the post turned out well.

• 77. Misken  |  August 20, 2011 at 11:31 am

The video has been blocked from comments and ratings, btw.

• 78. karen in kalifornia  |  August 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Cavalry Churches across California were instrumental in getting PropH8 passed.
    Nothing new here from the haters….just no good response for "what about the children" .
    SB48 will be voted down.

• 79. karen in kalifornia  |  August 20, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Cavalry Churches across California were instrumental in getting PropH8 passed.

btw, you can go to his YT "channel" by clicking on "mindtowork" name and leave comments there.

• 80. Codebluestat  |  August 20, 2011 at 8:15 pm

maintain what culture? the church is just as corrupt as government is.. but swept under the rug.. does this video mention anything about some of the churches under-handed ways of persuading the voting public, no.. does it mention anything about the seperation of church and state? no.. does it mention anything about the ignorance, naive hippocrits behind the pulpts or in the pews? no.. what it does do, is confirm suspected rumors that its time to stop allowing churches a 501-c-3 status and other tax exemptions… its time the churches pay up also..now exactly how gay is that?

• 81. Paul  |  August 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Ok, yes…this message is obvious bs to those of us who think for a living. But…as someone who speaks English fluently…I'm shocked at this guys inability to speak clearly and correctly. Where was his telepromptor?
    Better question…could he read one???
    I love, love…love it when they come off this way. It speaks volumes in itself.
    Jack Hibbs…go back to school, get your GED and try this again. We're very interested…..NOT!!!

• 82. peter  |  October 3, 2011 at 12:02 am

now if that includes the spreading of HIV et al by inappropriate sexual practices and promiscuity as one of the key contributions of this group to american society I would be all for it. It is the greatest historical impact that community had on the state to raise the awareness that sexual promiscuity is a problem for humankind.

"The new law, opposed by legislative Republicans, prohibits teaching from textbooks or other instructional materials that reflect adversely on people because of their sexual orientation."
    is a down to interpretation. The spread of HIV is a major contribution to american society creating a multi billion dollar industry to work on it – nothing negative, a lot of jobs

• 83. iTunes Code Generator  |  July 20, 2013 at 12:44 am

I do not even know the way I ended up here, however I
    assumed this post used to be great. I do not recognize who you
    are but certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger in case you aren’t already.
    Cheers!

Check out my site :: iTunes Code Generator

• 84. 腕時計ブランド  |  November 6, 2013 at 1:08 am

楽天 トリーバーチ

• 85. シチズン ウィッカ  |  November 11, 2013 at 3:31 am

citizen 逆輸入

• 86. コーチ 財布 amazon  |  November 27, 2013 at 2:35 am

ダウン ロング コーチ 財布 amazon http://xinkaichlu.onlinecasual2013.com/

• 87. http://main.pathfinderdogs.org/sale/?p=10008  |  May 15, 2014 at 2:19 am

dialogue about this paragraph here at this weblog,
    I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.|
    I am sure this post has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really nice paragraph on building up
    new weblog.|
    Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing
    such things, thus I am going to convey her.|
    bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!|
    Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you