Mayor Booker nails it on the issue of a ballot referendum on marriage equality in NJ

Marriage equality

Brilliantly put.

• 1. Sagesse  |  January 27, 2012 at 8:54 am

To watch later. I read somewhere that the Mayor was less than pleased.

• 2. Mike in Venice  |  January 27, 2012 at 9:01 am

Rock on man, you're talking truth to moral prevaricators.

• 3. alyson  |  January 27, 2012 at 9:20 am

I went to college with Cory Booker (and Rachel Maddow) – they are the real deal. I'm so excited that people like them can actually have some political clout and influence in this world. Oh …and Goodwin Liu …. now how inadequate do I feel at my college reunion! Smart people who aren't selling out. Reallly committed to making the world a better place for everyone.

• 4. Adam Bink  |  January 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Man, no one cool goes to my alma mater (University of Rochester). Secretary Chu, smart guy though.

• 5. Brett  |  January 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I don't know if he's just a really great speaker off the cuff (as a number of politicians are) or if he had that rehearsed, but either way I really appreciate everything he said.

• 6. Fr. Bill  |  January 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

It is about time that we had a voice of authority in the Democratic party who doesn't hesitate to smack down those who have forgotten our Constitution and the principles upon which it was built. Shame on Chris Christie, Linda Lingle of Hawaii and all the right wingers who would put a minority's rights to a vote at the mercy of the passions of the majority. These people make me ashamed that I ever was a Republican (back in the gentler Rockefeller days).

• 7. DaveP  |  January 27, 2012 at 12:27 pm

BAM!! He knocked it out of the park. SPREAD THAT VIDEO!!

• 8. James A. Tuttle  |  January 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm

That was an excellent response. And hes pretty darn cute too. 😉

• 9. Straight Ally #3008  |  January 27, 2012 at 2:28 pm

"Governor Booker" has a nice ring to it….

• 10. MJFargo  |  January 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Well, God bless HIM! Talk about a long right answer to a very short question….

• 11. thark  |  January 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm

My hybby and I figured it out a long time ago…being in a 30 year old committed Gay couple….DOESN'T "WASH OFF", EITHER!!!